What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype - Group Video Conferencing

thelostgringo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used Skype for Video Conferencing successfully but recently tried to join a group video conference while audio was fine there was no video. Is this a limitation of Skype on the IPad 2 or is there something I am missing.

Thanks for any help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that Skype allowed video conferencing between more than two people at the same time. Subsequent conference attenders have audio only.

Tim

SR_Eyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm aware that group video calling in PC or Mac requires subscription (skype premium). I think it will work with iPad as well if you are a skype premium subscriber.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So can you only use Skype to video call someone if you have Skype Premium? That kind of sucks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think that was meant. For sure I use it and I don't have Skype Premium. I thought it was more than two video Member's at once that was meant here.

Tim

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, that is what was meant here - I was asking a semi on topic question about Skype.. because I downloaded the app onto my iPad, I just haven't tried it yet.

celcomms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want full video conferencing with multiscreen video oovoo is the one you want 100 times better than Skype and it is free.

ajvas1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sKYPE ALLOWS FOR 3-WAY CONFERENCING VIDEO CALLS, BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE RUNNING THE LATEST sKYPE SOFTWARE ON A pc OR mac. iT WILL NOT WORK USING ANY sKYPE APP FOR MOBILE DEVICES. HOPE THIS HELPS!

-Whoops...I am not am all caps poster.....you can tell i didnt realize my cap-lock was on as each sentence begins with a lowercase letter! oops! :rolleyes:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was about to let you know your caps lock was on.

This is a very old thread, by the way. Chances are the original posters are no longer around.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts