What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype for ipad

fmj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do delete/bar unwanted people who have tried to contact you? There doesn't seem to be a menu to allow it

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no way to bar incoming calls - however, of course, you can see the ID of the calling party and choose not to answer the call.

Tim

OP
F

fmj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I have had a random and so unwanted person attempt to contact me and they have left a message to which I have not replied, but I can't delete them from the side bar list. I can on my MacBook but no t the iPad. Any suggestions? Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't seem as though it's possible to delete messages from Skype on the iPad. There have been a couple of other Members who have noticed this and I've yet to hear of or find a solution or workaround.

Tim

OP
F

fmj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. Please post when you have an answer? Thanks again.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm surprised we haven't had a response from Members. Seems to indicate there's no solution....

Tim

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iwhat about SkypeHelper
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb9u_06XBXI]iPhone - Set-up Incoming Call Blocking with SkypeHelper. - YouTube[/ame]

xomisscandyxo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where the conversation is on the side bar, I just slid my finger sideways across the contact and a delete button appeared. Worked on iPad2?
If you want to delete a contact, do the same as if you were deleting an app. Hold your finger down on the contact - you then should be able to delete?

OP
F

fmj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much.. I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling it. Shall try this if it happens again though..again, thanks heaps

OP
F

fmj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again. I can delete the contact as per apps ok, but not from the sidebar in the way suggested.. I cant get any delete button :(. What am I doing wrong? ! Thanks. BTW the random disappeared when I deleted the whole app and reinstalled it

CJP12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do delete/bar unwanted people who have tried to contact you? There doesn't seem to be a menu to allow it

I had the same problem. I found that if you click on contact their information comes up on the right. At the top is their name and an arrow down. Click on arrow to get menu. Click on view profile. Scroll to the bottom to delete and or block contact. Hope this helps

Most reactions