What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype for ipad

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, you can. how to operate, you can turn to Google search ;)

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the same way you operate in your pc. no special instruction is needed.

Alanfujii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app called Line2 that allows you to make calls for free domestic. I see it as a better alternative than Skype.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skype is great on iPad. So is Truphone but the call rates are more expensive.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
The only thing I use skype for is video calls. And that won't work with the iPad without some way of jury-rigging a videocam. (I don't even know if that is possible with the iPad.)

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not use Whistle to make your calls.
It is totally free if you can stand to listen to a 20 second ad, before your call.
All incoming calls are just like a regular phone.

I like it...

Dis2cruise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not use Whistle to make your calls.
It is totally free if you can stand to listen to a 20 second ad, before your call.
All incoming calls are just like a regular phone.

I like it...

So the only pain is listening to the message and there is no charge for outgoing and incoming calls?

Alanfujii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one jumped all over my foolish post concerning Line2. I didn't realize that there is a monthly charge after 30 free days. Luckily, I canceled before I started getting charged.

I guess Skype is the best alternative if you really need to make calls using the iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to add a +1 for Whistle.

Yeah, you get 20-second commercials... Whatev. I used it today when I couldn't figure out why my [cable-based] home telephone wasn't working. The cell phone needed charging and the land line wasn't working. I used Whistle to call the cable company (to find out they were having trouble). No muss, no fuss - just worked.

I like that I was able to sign up and pick my own telephone number. So, natch, I picked one with an area code that the majority of my family uses. Very nice.

Very handy product. And FREE!

Marilyn

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I'm surprised no one jumped all over my foolish post concerning Line2. I didn't realize that there is a monthly charge after 30 free days. Luckily, I canceled before I started getting charged.

I guess Skype is the best alternative if you really need to make calls using the iPad.
I loaded it and tried it and thought it was pretty cool, and didn't even see a "free for 30 days" note. I'll go delete it since you mentioned that, thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts