What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype for iPad camera question

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I use Skype for iPad for video calls and the iPad is in landscape orientation I'm told that the video of me at the other end comes out horizontal. At my end both the video of me plus the picture from the other end are oriented correctly.
If I turn the iPad into portrait orientation everything appears to work fine at both ends.
Have other people noticed this or is there simply a setting I need to change?
Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is a 'feature' - the video camera of the iPad does not respond to the orientation of the iPad.

Tim

OP
K

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is a 'feature' - the video camera of the iPad does not respond to the orientation of the iPad.

Tim

At me end it does. The orientation must get lost somewhere within the app. I guess at least we can probably blame Microsoft now. :)

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Even if I dont move, the orientation suddenly changes at the other end. If on landscape, to portrait, etc.

Very annoying...

Most reactions