What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype Backgrounding Issue on iPad 3.2.1

BrianBB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently I bought an iPad so that I could use skype when I'm about town etc.

I jailbroke using jailbreakme.com which worked just fine, however it removed the latest Skype app's ability to multitask (known issue).

This issue was fixed on iphones/ipod touches with a cydia update for Mobilesubstrate, but unfortunately this is not something you can do with the mighty iPad as it does not use this package.

So I was stuck with using Backgrounder.

However, backgrounder also provides no solution to multitasking whilst still on a Skype call as it puts the caller on hold while browsing websites, checking email etc.

Does anyone have a fix for this so that us Jailbroken iPad users can actually use Skype in the background?

Thanks

OP
B

BrianBB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bumping this.

Out of interest, is anyone here running a jailbroken ipad who is able to make a skype call and browse the net, check emails etc. while still on the call?

I'm hoping there's a fix for my problem

Most reactions