What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SkyGo

Daddio16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is the first forum that I have joined to do with the ipad2, have had plenty to look at on the site which has been useful.
The question that I have is that today SkyGo have done an update and Xcon36 no longer works, have reset all Xcon36 and SkyGo app but it just comes up with "Unable to stream video to jailbreak device".
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all you can do is wait and hope that the developer of xCon updates the tweak soon. it's usually updated pretty quickly...

Oh, and take a look at the tweak in Cydia. While I am sure the developer has been inundated with requests, there is a web site you can go to and file an issue report. I recommend you enter in a report - just to ensure the developer is aware of the update.

So, I believe it's just a waiting game.

Marilyn

P.S. You may also want to take a look at the developer's other tweak, "xCon Alias." It prevents updates from "breaking" the jail break patch, so that you can still enjoy the benefits while waiting for an update to the xCon tweak itself. It's $2.00 (USD), but it looks to be well worth it. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

P.P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for info Marilyn, xCon Alias does not protect us SkyGo customers! The app won't run when a new version is available, so you are forced to update... :(

We will just have to wait...

(afraid failsafe / safe mode does not help either)

Last edited:
OP
D

Daddio16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your help and the info.
As long as its before the football starts!!
TTFN

gVes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Just for info Marilyn, xCon Alias does not protect us SkyGo customers! The app won't run when a new version is available, so you are forced to update... :(

We will just have to wait...

(afraid failsafe / safe mode does not help either)

There is a way of making sky think you are using 2.2.0 when you are on 2.1.5 (the version xcon can trick):

Delete sky go, reboot, sync earlier version 2.1.5 from iTunes
Open app, get update app message
Close and kill the app
Use sbsettings, more, app folders, (or if you have the "application name" option on in ifile you won't need this step)
Note the first few digits of the app folder name
Open ifile, var/mobile/applications
Find sky go app folder
Open skygo.app
Edit info.plist version number from 2.1.5
To 2.2.0
App now works like before
It's a fix until xcon gets updated
Enjoy..

Lumsdoni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules

POST REMOVED - Sorry, we do not allow promotion of any method which involves piracy at iPadForums. Please do not post this solution again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts