What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky News for iPad

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I live in France , have a US iTunes account . This morning I wanted to get the new Sky news app for iPad but it seems one can only get it through the UK iTunes . Any idea how I could get it ? TIA

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in France , have a US iTunes account . This morning I wanted to get the new Sky news app for iPad but it seems one can only get it through the UK iTunes . Any idea how I could get it ? TIA

You need to open a UK iTunes account! (That didn’t come out quite like I wanted it to!). You can do this with a UK (£) Apple gift card. If you have a friend in the UK who could send you one, that would be ideal. I’ve seen UK and US Apple gift cards for sale on eBay for this very purpose. There are even some commercial organisations who do this because you only need the code that is on the back of the gift card and these companies accept online payment and then email you back the code. When you come to create a UK account it asks for a UK credit card; leave that field blank and then complete the gift card section. If the Sky News app is free then your credit will remain untouched, of course.

Hope this helps; get back to us if there are any remaining problems.

Tim
Scotland

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you , I do have another question ;-)) Will my US apps and my UK apps be all on the same iTunes ? What I mean is , when I sync my iPad will all the apps be there ?

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I’ve seen UK and US Apple gift cards for sale on eBay for this very purpose. There are even some commercial organisations who do this because you only need the code that is on the back of the gift card and these companies accept online payment and then email you back the code.

Omg that's so very cool. Always wondered why people would buy iTunes gift cards on eBay!! I learned something new today Tim. Thank you! I think they need a new ranking on here. "iPad knowledge guru"

Most reactions

Latest posts