What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky go

Status
Not open for further replies.

asha1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just updated my sky go app on my iPad 1, now I can't use it because they've obviously updated the security on it.
Is there an updated version of xcon. Tried xcon alias but still says due to my device being jail broken it won't play.
Anyone help please!!!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's a waiting game - have to give the developer of xCon time to update the tweak. Sorry, but that's the best you can do. And, I've been told that Alias doesn't work with the Skygo app...

So, all we can help with is to offer sympathy ... and advocate patience. Sorry.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
asha1980

asha1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eddiebongo said:
Hi,

There is workaround in cydia for sky go as of this morning

Hi
Thanks for the reply. Any ideas of what it's called or which source it's from please.
Thanks again

OP
asha1980

asha1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eddiebongo said:
Hi,

There is workaround in cydia for sky go as of this morning

Sorted. New video on YouTube. Patches sky go to previous version

OP
asha1980

asha1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
asha1980 said:
Just updated my sky go app on my iPad 1, now I can't use it because they've obviously updated the security on it.
Is there an updated version of xcon. Tried xcon alias but still says due to my device being jail broken it won't play.
Anyone help please!!!!!

The video on YouTube to allow skygo to work on jail broken iPad is avid by aceraf158!!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got round to looking into this in detail today. Since this alternative fix requires the user to install a repo and various packages whose main purpose are to enable app piracy, and we have a STRICT anti-piracy stance here at iPadForums, no further discussion of this method will be tolerated.

I have spoken with the developer of xCon and he expects a legitimate fix for the new SkyGo to be released in due course.

Since there is also another active thread on this subject here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/65362-sky-go-not-working.html, this thread is now closed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts