What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky go sound but no picture on tv

asha1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tying to stream sky go to my tv using VGA cable, getting sound through tv but picture, picture remains on iPad.
Any suggestions!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Asha1980 - welcome to the forum! :)

You might want to provide further information (w/ a pic and/or link) as to the brand/model of VGA adapter that you are tyring to use (and since the latter is just for video, I'm assuming that you are getting sound into the TV via a headphone adapter?).

For myself, I'm using Apple's HDMI adapter (shown below, which carries both an HD video signal & also audio) - this has worked fine for me. Apple TV w/ AirPlay would be another consideration for a wireless experience.

accessory-apple-digital-av-adapter.jpg

OP
asha1980

asha1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the lead I'm using. It did work fine up until about 2 weeks ago!!

Attachments

• image-3820944903.jpg
    image-3820944903.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 400

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In order to stream SkyGo over a VGA cable (or S-Video as would appear to be the case for your cable), you will need to use a jailbreak tweak such as DisplayOut which forces the iPad to output video over a cable, even when not supported by the App. I've just tested it with my own (official Apple) VGA cable, and it will only receive an output from SkyGo when my DisplayOut tweak is enabled. When disabled I get the message saying that external output is not supported by the app.

There may be some other tweaks which also enable these features. DisplayOut is simply the one I rely on.

As giradman pointed out, the HDMI cable and Airplay are also viable options.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts