What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky Go app

Silverfox48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in Italy and have an iPad (bought in Italy with an Italian SIM card fitted). I am trying to download Sky Go UK but when I go to the app store the only Sky Go available is Sky Go Italian. Is there a way round this please?????

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I live in Italy and have an iPad (bought in Italy with an Italian SIM card fitted). I am trying to download Sky Go UK but when I go to the app store the only Sky Go available is Sky Go Italian. Is there a way round this please?????
With an Italian Apple ID, you'll only get apps available in the Italian App Store.

The only option to get the UK app would be to set up a UK Apple ID. There's the possibility, though, that the app won't work, because it "notices" that you're not located in the UK.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sky Go is geo locked, meaning that you can't receive the programming from outside the UK. Using a VPN service to hide your actual IP address may work, but it does violate the Sky Go terms of service.

Most reactions