What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky app remote idea

AtaRobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you have seen some apps now you can control a tv and use it as a remote I think sky should make something so you can use it as a remote instead of the sky remote.

What do you all think.

Stug2103

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's an app I would buy straight away......been looking for something like that for ages or a universal remote control

OP
A

AtaRobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeh same seen lots of other companies have made apps now you can control it as a remote.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AtaRobert said:
As you have seen some apps now you can control a tv and use it as a remote I think sky should make something so you can use it as a remote instead of the sky remote.

What do you all think.

Isn't the sky remote infrared? Would you not need an infrared adaptor as well as an app?.......just askin!

The Archangel

OP
A

AtaRobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking maybe they could make something that some how makes it work hmmmmm any ideas anyone.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
That look awesome, but there's no indication how it will work

For a tv remote to work in real time I needs to be infrared, meaning the iPad needs a plug in bit of hardware. If it's only wifi operated then there'll be an inevitable delay in operations.

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Link for amazon is [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Newkinetix-NK100-Universal-Control-Accessory/dp/B0038Z45IW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312816138&sr=8-1[/ame] hope this is of some use

Most reactions