Skooba iPad messenger bag ROCKS!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by TheBaron, Apr 7, 2010.

1. TheBaron

TheBaron
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I bought the Skooba iPad messenger bag and absolutely love it.

Netbook Messenger Netbook/iPad Bag - Case

Not only does it have a iPad-sized space to hold my iPad, it also has tons of pockets and compartments and it's less bulky than a laptop size messenger bag. Love it! It's $49.99, but they have regular coupon codes for free shipping and up 25-40% off. I think you have to sign up for their newsletter to get the codes.
    And no, I'm not affiliated with the company. Just posting a positive review.

2. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks rather large and bulky :)

3. scarrz

scarrz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Not bad. Looks better than many of the others I have seen. Reminds me some of the Tom Bihn bags out of Seattle, except not as pricey. Does it have a compartment inside that fits the ipad? Is it cushiony?

I agree with the other comment, it does look a little bigger than 14.5", maybe the guy in the picture is just really small?? :)

4. TheBaron

TheBaron
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Actually, that was my thought too: the guy in the picture must be small. The bag isn't bulky at all and isn't nearly as big as it looks in that pic.
    However, if you're looking for a very small ipad size bag, this one isn't for you. BUT, if you're like me and you need a bag that can hold papers, thumb drives, etc and have a specific padded pocket for your iPad, this is it. I also considered the Tom Bihn iPad bag, but decided on the more traditional Skooba messenger style bag.

5. ipadcovers

ipadcovers
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Protective carrying case for iPad

You can get a cheaper and some of the best iPad cases for the Apple iPad for only $14.99!

#5 ipadcovers, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
  6. Skooba Design

Skooba Design
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks from Skooba

Hi there from Skooba Design. We noticed your posts and simply want to thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate hearing what everyone has to say--good, bad, or indifferent--and we take all commments, feedback, and suggestions seriously. Please feel free to contact us any time we can be of service, we are a company of real and responsive people. Thanks again.

7. iPad911

iPad911
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    that thing looks huge lol

8. wot_fan

wot_fan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The pics on the website do make it look big.

@TheBaron Any chance you could take of picture of the bag with the iPad (for scale)?

I like the bag and will probably buy one if it is smaller than the pics make it look. TIA.

9. TheBaron

TheBaron
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Here you go. It's actually really not that much bigger than the iPad itself. I don't know why it looks so huge on the Skooba site. They must have used a 10 year old boy to model it - However, it's really pretty compact as you can see from the photo. I particularly picked it over the Tom Bihn bag because the Skooba has a more traditional horizontal messenger bag look. The Tom Bihn version is a little too man purse-ish for me.
    The extra width is the perfect size for papers and work materials. I absolutely love this bag.

10. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ipad bag from Sleek

And here is one of our bag ….. Especially made for iPad use … lot of pocket for carry all our stuff ….

PS: yet we have 8 model dedicated iPad

Attached Files: