What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skitch

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just lost my post in this. Got app downloaded but find it hard to control

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wanted to get into silver surfers forum but think this general I pad questions. How can I get into it? This ipad forum came up when I registered there[/I][/U][/B]

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there--I see that you're still having trouble finding your threads you have posted in. Whenever you post a comment in a thread, you will automatically subscribe to it. If you are using the app, look below and see the bookmark icon called "subscribed." That will take you to your subscriptions.

image-1226238836.jpg

Last edited:
OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finding my posts

See a reply to find subscriptions but don't see that anywhere
Think the poster was ski monkey ..yes,still finding it hard to find replies to my posts

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
See a reply to find subscriptions but don't see that anywhere
Think the poster was ski monkey ..yes,still finding it hard to find replies to my posts

If you tap your avatar, you'll go to your profile page .

image-1227298132.jpg.

image-3319831140.jpgTap show all posts by this user and you will see a list of all your posts . Select any post and you will go to that post in the thread and if you read the later posts in the thread, you will be able to see any replies to your post.

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi there--I see that you're still having trouble finding your threads you have posted in. Whenever you post a comment in a thread, you will automatically subscribe to it. If you are using the app, look below and see the bookmark icon called "subscribed." That will take you to your subscriptions.

View attachment 27604

I have the subscription tab but don't see any notifications..do see ur post which I am replying to TY

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
I have the subscription tab but don't see any notifications..do see ur post which I am replying to TY

You won't have anymore notifications if you have opened your subscription threads that are active. Once you have read all your subscriptions, that number badge goes away.

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BettiBz said:

I still see a round number which I assume are notifications, even tho I have been replying to the posts in Subscribed. U said I wouldn't see any notifications once I replied

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
I still see a round number which I assume are notifications, even tho I have been replying to the posts in Subscribed. U said I wouldn't see any notifications once I replied

Perhaps you have missed a page. Until you have viewed all the thread your notification number will not cancel to 'blank'. I did it too at first.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can u just view them even if u don't reply? Till seeing a number by subscription

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
Can u just view them even if u don't reply? Till seeing a number by subscription

Yes, as soon as you've viewed the new post in a subscribed thread, the notification number will disappear.

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wanted to reply to the thread about the flash player but every time I tapped the curved arrow I got Unsubscribe from thread or refresh. What should I do to reply to a thread that's not directed tome?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
I wanted to reply to the thread about the flash player but every time I tapped the curved arrow I got Unsubscribe from thread or refresh. What should I do to reply to a thread that's not directed tome?

Threads about Flash on the iPad are usually closed fairly quickly. This is why you didn't see a reply link in the menu.this is what you see when you attempt to post on a closed thread.

image-3887119322.jpgAs you can see, the drop down menu shows exactly what you described, except that I'm not subscribed to this thread about Flash.

Last edited:
OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finally found out what Skitch is..good tool, but u have to take a SS first so u can get it from Photos,right?

Most reactions

Latest posts