What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sketchy Wifi and 3g Activity..

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly if there is a double up on this topic I apologize, I did have a good look but could not find anything on this.

WHY is data being sent and recieved while I am using the 'Notes' or 'Books' applications on my iPad2 (the little data circle spins). These are obviously non-internet required apps AND personal. So why are these Apple designed apps sending and/or recieving data while I have them open and are connected to the internet. I cannot think of one single reason why data would need to be accessed while I am writing personal notes or reading PDFs?

To be honest its a bit creepy and quite irritating, and understandably so. I'm not a paranoid person, but when I am writing in notes and I can see the little data logo spinning up the top left, I think "what the hell is it doing that for. Doesn't do that with other apps?"

Is Apple tracking what I am reading and writing 'to help provide a better customer service in the future' or? Honestly, just why is data being sent and/or recieved while I am using these applications?? Someone please help shed light on this.

I'm sure there is a simple answer.

Kind regards in advance
Karlos

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Karlbrennanwright said:
Hi all,

Firstly if there is a double up on this topic I apologize, I did have a good look but could not find anything on this.

WHY is data being sent and recieved while I am using the 'Notes' or 'Books' applications on my iPad2 (the little data circle spins). These are obviously non-internet required apps AND personal. So why are these Apple designed apps sending and/or recieving data while I have them open and are connected to the internet. I cannot think of one single reason why data would need to be accessed while I am writing personal notes or reading PDFs?

To be honest its a bit creepy and quite irritating, and understandably so. I'm not a paranoid person, but when I am writing in notes and I can see the little data logo spinning up the top left, I think "what the hell is it doing that for. Doesn't do that with other apps?"

Is Apple tracking what I am reading and writing 'to help provide a better customer service in the future' or? Honestly, just why is data being sent and/or recieved while I am using these applications?? Someone please help shed light on this.

I'm sure there is a simple answer.

Kind regards in advance
Karlos

Have you looked in settings - books/notes - and ticked 'on my iPad'?
The iBooks app synchs any other devices but you can switch it off in settings.

It's probably got gmail or whatever is on your iPad ticked but you can set it to just your iPad using the above.
Let me know if that's the problem otherwise I'm sure someone else will be along soon. 

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

OP
K
Reaction score
Ah! Understood and fixed now! Thats a relief. Hey thank you very much for your response. This is my first post on a forum ever. I hope to pass on the deed soon.

Take it easy :)

Karlos

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Karlbrennanwright said:
Ah! Understood and fixed now! Thats a relief. Hey thank you very much for your response. This is my first post on a forum ever. I hope to pass on the deed soon.

Take it easy :)

Karlos

Good to hear that it's all fixed. Welcome to the forums Karlos! :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oops! Sorry Karlos! Welcome to our forum!

I'm glad you got it fixed and you found us as well. I didn't like notes synching at the beginning but then I realised it was really useful because it stored it on my pc so if I lost any notes there was a copy on there. With iBooks, I have 4 devices and it's a really useful thing to be able to read my book on the right page on my iPhone or iPad.

Glad it's fixed though!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Most reactions

Latest posts