What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sketch artists' use of the iPad

KiResearcher9682

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any sketch artists (fashion designers, tattoo artists, etc.) who use the iPad? If so, do you use it for actual sketching or just to store images? Do you like it more than traditional pencil and paper, or do you still prefer regular paper?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not who you are asking for, just a doodler, but I'll share my unprofessional opinion anyway.

Paper feels freer, easier to just explore ideas. The computer makes things difficult to do on paper easy. The iPad is kind of in between. I don't have any preferences over all. They are just different toys with different strengths and weaknesses.

I suppose if I had a specialty and/or talent I'd find a method that favorers it, but as a doodler I just go with the flow of whatever I'm using at the moment.

LadySelene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad for sketching

I started using iPad in November, at first I did not like sketching on it at all. All my sketchings looked terrible! However, as I got used to it, I became better at what pressure to use, etc. Now, I luv it! It's so much easier to carrie around! the more I practice, the better I become! I use many different apps, one of my favorites is SketchBookX (free). I have it on iPhone, MacBook, and iPad!!!
~Bright Blessngs~

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use it a lot to sketch and do generally artsy stuff. Here is my favorite. I use the app SketchBook Pro, but Brushes is also good.

465d1278343433-show-your-art-img_0124.jpg

OP
K

KiResearcher9682

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your answers. You gave me exactly what I was looking for.:)

rsmin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Numblock,

Great picture. Do you have more that you have done?

Rusty :)

Most reactions

Latest posts