What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri won't work, email won't load, password not recognized, AGAIN!

Duane543

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After upgrading to iOS8, my iPad Air's Siri stopped working and my email stopped loading. Facebook would load only text, no visuals. iCloud refused to accept my password. After chatting at length with Apple Help, who seemed as flummoxed as I was, I was eventually able to do some resetting and changing my password via my laptop. This fixed the problems for exactly one day. Now I'm back to square one with my NEW password being unaccepted, and Siri and email once again dysfunctional. Chatting any more with Apple Help seems problematic: even though they gave me a link to re-open my case, clicking on it only brought up a dialog box that said I was no longer eligible for their assistance (all of about 20 minutes after we had chatted previously). My frustration at this point is beyond description. Is there a permanent solution for all this, or will I have to re-do everything every time I turn on my tablet? Please tell me I'm not the only one faced with this particular dilemma.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, see if resetting will help:
Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up, do this for a second or even third time and wait whether or not it helps.

In case you updated over the air (iPad only, connected to Wi-Fi) try restoring your device using iTunes on your computer: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Here's what you can try if this doesn't help either: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/t...-to-restore-the-current-version-of-ios.52863/

Hope that helps.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Worst case you could always do a restore as new and then bring down your apps again. It's a little bit of a hassle but that ensures that the iPad gets truly wiped back to a base state. You'd have to setup everything again, like email, stuff like that. It's helped others when things just have gone awry.

OP
D

Duane543

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, see if resetting will help:
Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up, do this for a second or even third time and wait whether or not it helps.

In case you updated over the air (iPad only, connected to Wi-Fi) try restoring your device using iTunes on your computer: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Here's what you can try if this doesn't help either: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/t...-to-restore-the-current-version-of-ios.52863/

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the suggestions. I did try the first two things you mention, with no luck. Then I was able to reconnect with Apple Chat, and the short story is, after multiple Chat sessions and literally hours and hours of dialog, including screen sharing, it was finally decided that the issue is probably hardware related and covered by warranty. They're sending me packaging and I will send in my iPad for repair or replacement. Under the circumstances, I call it a happy result. Thanks again for responding.

OP
D

Duane543

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worst case you could always do a restore as new and then bring down your apps again. It's a little bit of a hassle but that ensures that the iPad gets truly wiped back to a base state. You'd have to setup everything again, like email, stuff like that. It's helped others when things just have gone awry.
Thank you. It wouldn't do the Restore, and it was finally diagnosed as a hardware issue rather than software. I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.
I'm glad the reason for your problem was found.

Most reactions

Latest posts