What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri privacy?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wildfire said:
What can I say, if you can't beat them, join them:)
Well, I too Google more often than using Siri and yes, it's gimmicky and sold millions of iPhones, because we're surrounded by
Gimmicks starting at the highest levels and being eaten up by the young and not so young.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Maybe the manufacturers think that if they put enough gimmicks on a device, there'll be something useful there for the widest possible range of users.

Last edited:

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I think Siri is fun and all, but you know, if you ask the personal assistant intellectually stimulating queries, you will find this program is actually quite useful.
Further more I'm supposing, extremely helpful for anyone of limited mobility and or a paralysis.

So as we sit here and contemplate ridiculous obscure Siri questions, & hoping for enlightenment, perhaps while using these gifts, we could and should try and use them intelligently.
Anyone can attempt to be a comedian, but not too many are members of the bright club, MENSA.
Ask her/it, intelligent questions and enjoy the helpful nature of the beast...

Chas

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,

I think Siri is fun and all, but you know, if you ask the personal assistant intellectually stimulating queries, you will find this program is actually quite useful.
Further more I'm supposing, extremely helpful for anyone of limited mobility and or a paralysis.

So as we sit here and contemplate ridiculous obscure Siri questions, & hoping for enlightenment, perhaps while using these gifts, we could and should try and use them intelligently.
Anyone can attempt to be a comedian, but not too many are members of the bright club, MENSA.
Ask her/it, intelligent questions and enjoy the helpful nature of the beast...

Chas

Now what fun would that be. If I want intelligent questions answered I'd go to a nerd convention

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I want intelligent questions answered, I'll ask someone capable of answering them -- not Siri.

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
When I want intelligent questions answered, I'll ask someone capable of answering them -- not Siri.

Where would you find these people?
Right here on this forum!

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Ah, More MENSA members... nice to meet you!!
But what if you don't know anyone who's intelligent?

Q. "Siri , do you love me?"
A. "Chas, you're looking for love in all the wrong places...."

And she'd know, as she does plenty of thee searching for me.,.. Smile

Asked the very same question a few moments later

A. "Well Chas, you're certainly starting to grow on me."

Ha, like a bad habit, no doubt.

People do the dumbest things...
Asking Siri, where to bury a dead body?
What about burying a live one?

Zombie Woof!!
For the savvy guy who said, "Who's Frank Zappa?, all I can tell you is Duhhh... He was a drummer in a high school band...
And gave his lovely children strange unusual names.

Frank Zappa had four children with very cool names:
Moon Unit
Dweezil
Ahmet Emuukha Rodan
Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen

Chas

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Siri, Beam Me Up!

Sorry Captain, your Tricorder is set on Airplane Mode.

Step a little to your left, ok stand still.

Energizing.

Chas

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
I doubt it. He would have wanted it to be more accurate and localised. 97th Street would be a far better answer.

Hi Kevin,
Hmmm? You do reside here, in big E!
I happily live in SE Mill Woods, just about as far from the "heart" of the Capital...

Anyway, I'm not sure why any John in Shang Hi, would want to pay any of those strays... if you know what I mean...

Strictly speaking here, of Siri use in main land China.

Chas

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. A friend of mine used to live just off 97th. He couldn't wait to get out of there, for the above-mentioned reason.

Mill Woods, eh? I've been known to swing a golf club there.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Yes. A friend of mine used to live just off 97th. He couldn't wait to get out of there, for the above-mentioned reason.

Mill Woods, eh? I've been known to swing a golf club there.

Hi Kevin,
Ah gee not road rage I hope. Or chasing one of us wayward forum members! SMILE!
Quite honestly, I feel very sorry for the regular residents who must put up with all the territorial war zone and horrific crime rate, anywhere near "the drag".
I pity the children that must grow up way too fast living N of 111 ave and on or near 118th., between Beverly bridge and the large baseball bat on the avenue.
Hard to believe Kingsway Mall and NAIT are so close, less than a few blocks way.

Chas

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, not road rage. Well not always anyway. The white mud is not exactly my favourite piece of highway, but I do like the driving range at Mill Woods Golf Club. Hopefully next year I might get to play a round there. Incidentally, thanks for the heads up about the Apple store at Southgate. I never knew it was there. I thought West Ed was the only one. I work just off 50th so it's quite handy.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
No, not road rage. Well not always anyway. The white mud is not exactly my favourite piece of highway, but I do like the driving range at Mill Woods Golf Club. Hopefully next year I might get to play a round there. Incidentally, thanks for the heads up about the Apple store at Southgate. I never knew it was there. I thought West Ed was the only one. I work just off 50th so it's quite handy.

Kevin,
I grew up in Allendale and Mount Pleasant area, very near the cemetery. So Southgate is one of, if not my favorite mall here, in Etown.
Especially since they upgraded it and added the new addition and LRT station. Yeah, the Apple Store is nice to have so close. I hate West Ed Mall with a passion, so rarely if ever go there. Although we have a group going there next month for Sky-fall, the new James Bond extravaganza!!

Born and raised here Kevin, so I know this city inside out.
Mill Woods Golf Club, built over an old city dumping ground. Southgate Mall, used to be a Drive Inn Theatre.

Chas

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Kevin,
I grew up in Allendale and Mount Pleasant area, very near the cemetery. So Southgate is one of, if not my favorite mall here, in Etown.
Especially since they upgraded it and added the new addition and LRT station. Yeah, the Apple Store is nice to have so close. I hate West Ed Mall with a passion, so rarely if ever go there. Although we have a group going there next month for Sky-fall, the new James Bond extravaganza!!

Born and raised here Kevin, so I know this city inside out.
Mill Woods Golf Club, built over an old city dumping ground. Southgate Mall, used to be a Drive Inn Theatre.

Chas

It's funny how every visitor to Edmonton just has to visit West Ed, while the locals hate the place. I think the last time I was there I was also at the cinema. The IMAX makes it worth it.

Most reactions

Latest posts