What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri dictation features

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
I have a iPad 3 with Siri and dictation feature on it. and got my iPhone 5s on October 12 2013. With Siri and dictation feature on it . It seems to me the the iPhone 5s Siri and dictation feature is more faster accurate On responding to what I'm saying. Then my iPad 3 Siri and dictation feature is. Has anyone noticed this besides me? If so why is this ? Thank you

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What iOS are you running on the iPad? There are pretty significant changes to Siri since she was born.

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Zstairlessone
I have a iPad 3 with iOS 7.0.3

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I don't have a 5s, so it's not something I can look into myself, however:

The 5S is a massively more powerful device computation wise than the iPad 3. It can do whatever it needs to do to the sound file and send it off quicker than the iPad 3. On a wi-fi network the iPhone 5s is potentially much faster than the iPad 3, so it can both send the sound file and receive the sound file faster. And, the iPhone has more microphones of better quality than the iPad 3, including better noise cancelation. The last is true for almost all the iPhones.

I'd be surprised if the iPhone 5s wasn't better, though I'm pleased to hear that it is noticeably better, since one doesn't always guarantee the other.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might just need to tweak Siri on the iPad http://www.imore.com/siri-ultimate-guide or because our 3rd generation iPads don't have nearly the processing power the new 5S and iPad Air (even slower chipsets than the iPad 4) we might not get the full experience of the latest updates to Siri.

Most reactions