What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri coming to iPad!

ckmerc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just read on cnet that Siri will be coming to iPad with the next os update....iOS 6. Due this fall.....nice!!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why do you care about Siri? I don't use it on my iPhone...I feel it is a waste on my iPad. Dictation works much better and I hope they keep it there.

OP
C

ckmerc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thought it was cool for apple to include....also it is supposed to be improved with the new iOS. Finally, it would help my parents who have difficulty with typing and were looking to get a tablet. Dictation is not as user friendly for searches or asking questions...

Ben_J_H

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would only work when you're connected to a WI-FI network

Sent from my wePoop touch using Tapatalk....... While laying in bed posting on forums instead of sleeping because I have a forum problem or in the bathroom taking a wePoop

Adrian23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would only work when you're connected to a WI-FI network

Sent from my wePoop touch using Tapatalk....... While laying in bed posting on forums instead of sleeping because I have a forum problem or in the bathroom taking a wePoop

They need to develope more things for offline use like without the need of a web connection.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They need to develope more things for offline use like without the need of a web connection.

How would you store all the info from Siri servers on your iPad? Do you understand how Siri works? You ask a question, it looks up stuff on its servers. Unless you lame Siri so that it can't look up stuff, how would your idea work?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just thought it was cool for apple to include....also it is supposed to be improved with the new iOS. Finally, it would help my parents who have difficulty with typing and were looking to get a tablet. Dictation is not as user friendly for searches or asking questions...

The dictation works if you go to the search page and click in the box..then hit the microphone and speak your search phrase. Dictation can save one a lot of time. So far, Siri has proven useless. My concern it that it will eat up more space but not provide much in return. We shall see, however.

OP
C

ckmerc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes sir....here is to hoping it does not become a resourse hog..

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
well, the iPad 3 has the hardware for siri and even does the voice dictation part already. Its just a matter of if apple has finished getting siri ready and if they can handle the increase in siri users(its all processed remotely).

Note that it would be for iPad 3 and not first/second gen iPads.

Most reactions