What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri and Voice to Text Question

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I upgraded to an iPad Air from an iPad 2 just last week. Can anyone tell me where to find some good tutorials on how to use Siri and the voice to text function on this iPad? I really like it. I've searched YouTube for such tutorials and they don't have much. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello!

To know about Siri, you can visit : http://www.apple.com/ios/siri/

To know about what things you can say to Siri : Long tap the home button, when the iPad makes a sound and Siri opens up, tap on the question mark (?) on the bottom left.

USING VOICE TO TEXT FUNCTION : In the places where you can use voice to text function, a mic is displayed.

image-487467280.png

image-1318576362.png

Hope this helps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For Dictation, this thread may also be useful. As far as I know it's still reasonably accurate; though I haven't tested any of it since the iOS 7 update.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-3-forum/81750-dictation-tips-tricks.html

Besides the keyboard dictation feature, quite a few of the commands listed will work directly in Siri when you use it to take notes or send messages. So you can include punctuation and such if you like. Though the new line and paragraph commands are usually ignored.

Since iOS 7, if you continue to hold down the Home Button after Siri's ready beep, Siri will continue to listen until you release the button. Used to be Siri listened for a while after the beep, and quit listening after any silence that lasted over a second or two.

This is especially handy when dictating notes, emails, or messages. You can ramble on, with pauses for think time, and get the whole thing.

Most reactions