1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Sinking in spam!!

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by sunsetslinger, Jul 27, 2011.

1. sunsetslinger

sunsetslinger iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know there have been a few posts about spam, but I am going nuts with the amount of junk coming into my ipad 2. I have an email account that has my name@myaddress.me.uk. I have the highest filters put on my desktop computer, and on my ISP account, but despite that all the spam I get (about 100 per day) come thru in duplicate (200 on average)to my ipad. What can I do?? I do not want to get a new email address as it is such a hassle to change it and I will still get spam into it in due course.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks :mad:
  2. Somerled

Somerled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Get a gmail account and turn on forwarding to the gmail account from name@myaddress.me.uk. Then, you can always put name@myaddress.me.uk in as the "Reply-To". Set up IMAP on the gmail side. It is not hard, and works really well. With the Reply-To changed, everyone will still think it is name@myaddress.me.uk that is sending the messages, even though everything is going through the gmail filters.

Gmail does an excellent job filtering mail.
  3. sunsetslinger

sunsetslinger iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brilliant Somerled, thanks so much. This dinosaur will amble off and try that......I may be gone some time and I may be back!!
  4. sunsetslinger

sunsetslinger iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Phew!! I followed the instructions in "how to access g-mail with Outlook Express using IMAP and I think I have succeeded except I keep getting this error message when I press send and receive for "download all mail from Googlemail". Confused!!

Header download for the '[Google Mail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Google Mail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com (1)', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'NONEXISTENT] Unknown Mailbox: [Google Mail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2