What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since update to IOS7.0.4 will not find airprinter

OP
shakeyblade

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right guys, the printer could not be repaired so hp have replaced with a new one. iPad still come up with the same message no Air printer found. I am upgrading broadband to fibre optic on the 6th feb so not doing anything till then. Fingers are crossed that it is something to do with the router & the new one they will supply will solve the problem. I will let you know.

Qdriver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me it was the router. It was confirmed by the manufacturer. They told me that they were going to build and issue a software patch to solve the problem. Unfortunately they also said it would take up to six months to get it so I had to give up on it. I'll be returning my router shortly to the ISP and getting my own. It was such a shame after going through this mess since early November. Hope it works for ya.

OP
shakeyblade

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right. By infinity fibre optic broadband all setup & working fine, still no AirPrint gutted is a understatement. Giving up & buying myself a samsung galaxy, totally fed up with apples incompatibility. All I wish to do is press print & it print why do I have to use AirPrint why can we not do this with wifi.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right. By infinity fibre optic broadband all setup & working fine, still no AirPrint gutted is a understatement. Giving up & buying myself a samsung galaxy, totally fed up with apples incompatibility. All I wish to do is press print & it print why do I have to use AirPrint why can we not do this with wifi.
Before you get that Galaxy try this, if you haven't yet done so.

Delete your home WiFi network from your iPad and delete the manual setting for your DNS if you have one. Now rejoin your home network and see if you can connect to, and print from your iPad.

Qdriver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine working. Clearly the ISPs router was the issue. It's not the Apple devices that are the problem, it's compatibility in all these stupid routers. Makers and ISPs don't care wether Apple stuff works on them or not. I gave the Hitron junk back and nearly left my ISP. I got their basic cable modem and bridged it to a Dlink-868L that I bought on my own. Stupid situation cost me over a hundred bills to buy this Dlink Router and no thanks at all to my dumb ass internet company, but at least it does work and has consistently for a couple weeks.

OP
shakeyblade

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right guys. Thanks for all your help & advice on This one. As I said in my last post I was totally pissed off with apples incompatibility & was moving on to the android platform. Well you will all be glad to know I have had a change of heart, my printer now works fine & the mrs has a smug look on her face as it was her that got it sorted with 5mins off calling the HP UK HELPLINE.
She has written down what she was told to do & I will post this when I Have some spare time. Just goes to show if you lucky enough to get someone that know there stuff is interested in helping you can get things sorted. I had previously spent 8 hours over 3 days on HP's live chat with no joy.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories ... no matter how they got fixed ... by whom! :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts