What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since update to IOS7.0.4 will not find airprinter

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a HP Deskjet 3520E I have had this for 7 months with no problems at all. Since update my devices to IOS7.0.4 I cannot get AirPrint to work, it just keeps coming up no airprinter found. I have done all the normal things undated printer firmware, reset all the wifi settings. I spoke to Apple support & was told to do a factory reset on my ipad which I have done & still it still doesn't find airprinter. What I have noticed is if you turn the wifi off on the printer my ipad will find the printer for a few seconds then it goes. Anybody any ideas as apple keep saying it is my ipad that's the problem but we have 3 iPads & 2 iPhones in the house. Cheers

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shakey-thanks for your post.

However, I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you if there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thanks!

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a HP Deskjet 3520E I have had this for 7 months with no problems at all. Since update my devices to IOS7.0.4 I cannot get AirPrint to work, it just keeps coming up no airprinter found. I have done all the normal things undated printer firmware, reset all the wifi settings. I spoke to Apple support & was told to do a factory reset on my ipad which I have done & still it still doesn't find airprinter. What I have noticed is if you turn the wifi off on the printer my ipad will find the printer for a few seconds then it goes. Anybody any ideas as apple keep saying it is my ipad that's the problem but we have 3 iPads & 2 iPhones in the house. Cheers

Can any of your iDevices "see" and print from the printer or just your iPad? Has anyone outside of those with the idevices in your house tried the printer?

Have you tried searching the AppStore to see if there is an HP app you can use to help you print? Granted, the printer should work as it is, but until you find the problem, maybe an app can aid you in printing?

Have you try using another WiFi printer (and yes, I knew it'd be a pain to find one, but I'm trying to narrow down the issue)?

How about if you uninstall the printer from your computer and then reinstall it (with the latest drivers)? Or, just try re-installing any driver updates?

Have you gotten with HP and see if maybe it might be a problem on their end? At the least, maybe they can tell you if others are having the same issue (and if any workaround shave been found).

As you can see, I'm just throwing out thoughts and ideas here. Dealing with printers, especially WiFi ones, can get a bit messy...

Marilyn

OP
shakeyblade

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can any of your iDevices "see" and print from the printer or just your iPad? Has anyone outside of those with the idevices in your house tried the printer? Have you tried searching the AppStore to see if there is an HP app you can use to help you print? Granted, the printer should work as it is, but until you find the problem, maybe an app can aid you in printing? Have you try using another WiFi printer (and yes, I knew it'd be a pain to find one, but I'm trying to narrow down the issue)? How about if you uninstall the printer from your computer and then reinstall it (with the latest drivers)? Or, just try re-installing any driver updates? Have you gotten with HP and see if maybe it might be a problem on their end? At the least, maybe they can tell you if others are having the same issue (and if any workaround shave been found). As you can see, I'm just throwing out thoughts and ideas here. Dealing with printers, especially WiFi ones, can get a bit messy... Marilyn

Hi

Thanks for the response, I have a iPad 3 an iPad 2 an iPad mini & a iPhone 4S & a 5S
They all fail to find the printer.
I have uninstalled printer drivers & reinstalled. Reset all the wifi settings. Updated all the firmware. Done factor resets on the printer & 2 of the apple devices. But still no joy, I will contact HP & see what they say. I will post what they say.

OP
shakeyblade

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can any of your iDevices "see" and print from the printer or just your iPad? Has anyone outside of those with the idevices in your house tried the printer? Have you tried searching the AppStore to see if there is an HP app you can use to help you print? Granted, the printer should work as it is, but until you find the problem, maybe an app can aid you in printing? Have you try using another WiFi printer (and yes, I knew it'd be a pain to find one, but I'm trying to narrow down the issue)? How about if you uninstall the printer from your computer and then reinstall it (with the latest drivers)? Or, just try re-installing any driver updates? Have you gotten with HP and see if maybe it might be a problem on their end? At the least, maybe they can tell you if others are having the same issue (and if any workaround shave been found). As you can see, I'm just throwing out thoughts and ideas here. Dealing with printers, especially WiFi ones, can get a bit messy... Marilyn
Ps the printer works fine over wifi

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ps the printer works fine over wifi

Hi - now Marilyn has already given you excellent advice; but from the quote above, do your iDevices now print over Wi-Fi or are you printing from your computer via Wi-Fi? Just another suggestion (which you've probably already done, if so sorry) - did you power off the printer - has worked for me a few times in the past. Good luck - Dave :)

OP
shakeyblade

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - now Marilyn has already given you excellent advice; but from the quote above, do your iDevices now print over Wi-Fi or are you printing from your computer via Wi-Fi? Just another suggestion (which you've probably already done, if so sorry) - did you power off the printer - has worked for me a few times in the past. Good luck - Dave :)

Prints from windows laptop using wifi. The printer works fine in every way apart from the airprint. I am convinced this is down to something changing with the update ios7.0.4

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Prints from windows laptop using wifi. The printer works fine in every way apart from the airprint. I am convinced this is down to something changing with the update ios7.0.4

But, as I suggested did you ever 'power off' your printer? - Dave :)

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a note to say I've moved this thread over to the Help section of this forum (versus being in the iPad1 sub-forum). Not only does it fit better here, but also you may get more eyes on your issue.

Marilyn

OP
shakeyblade

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave, thanks for the reply & yes printer has been powered off I've done factory reset & updated the firmware. I have have been in touch with Hp & they are unaware of any issues.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dave, thanks for the reply & yes printer has been powered off I've done factory reset & updated the firmware. I have have been in touch with Hp & they are unaware of any issues.

Hi again - assumed that you had already tried the powered off option on the printer - BOY, I'm running out of ideas except to buy a new printer! Not a great choice - :thumbsdown:

Just wondering how your printer is connected to your other devices, e.g. is there a computer, any printer cabling, or is the printer by itself on Wi-Fi? The only other thought is whether you've been able to tried several of your upgraded iOS devices w/ someone else's AirPrint compatible printer? I'm still debating on whether the issue is iOS 7.x or the HP printer (or both)? Sorry about not adding much to the problem. Dave :)

Qdriver

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hey shakeyblade. Just curious what gateway are you using? I'm currently having a very similar issue that I'm busting my head to try to figure out. I also have multiple devices, IPads and IPhones all with the IOS7.0.4. None of them are able to 'find an AirPrint printer. However they all access the network just fine and my laptop prints wirelessly just fine. The only difference in my situation is that this really happened a couple of days ago when I upgraded my gateway to a Hitron box. My Apple stuff had worked ok prior to this with my SMC modem. I've tried everyone to get some answers including Hitron, and you're the first person I've come across who's experiencing something similar.

EasyEd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 and HP Photosmart 5510, both of which are supposed to be AirPrint capable, and both worked when I first got them but have stopped working All I get is No AirPrint printers found". I believe they both stopped before ISO7.

Qdriver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it's not the printers, they were working fine before. Seems like either the IOS or the bloody network. My initial assumption was the gateway modem as this began to happen at the exact time that it was switched.

OP
shakeyblade

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi easyEd

Sorry but I'm not really that good with technology
How do I find out what gateway I am using

Most reactions

Latest posts