What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since update on iPad 1 to iOs 5 and update of iTunes to 10.5, I have problems.

mickyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I resisted the call to update, because my computer sucks, and I really hate iTunes. However, I decided to buy an iPod Touch, so I figured it was time.

Since updating iTunes and iPad, iTunes freezes if the iPad is connect during launch, if I connect the iPad afterwards, it is fine until I attempt to add items to the iPad via iTunes. If I try that, iTunes freezes. If I start iTunes in safe mode, it doesn't freeze, but while it will place the books, or whatever in the correct location as if it is going to sync, it just shows a circle with two arrows in it as if it needs to be synced, and does nothing else.

I am glad I didn't buy the iPod yet, I wouldn't be able to put anything on it.

Any ideas? :mad:

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to me that iTunes is flaky at best. I can sink my iPad with Itunes on my PC, but my wifes 4S will not sink at all. I need to use my Laptop to sync hers. This has been going on for the last 2 versions of iTunes. Seems like it cannot handle more then 1 device at a time.

OP
M

mickyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah! The ray of sunshine I was hoping for!!! Oh wait, no it wasn't!
Well thanks for sharing my pain Alucard77. I am hoping to be able to figure this out, or go back in time. Either one.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to me that iTunes is flaky at best. I can sink my iPad with Itunes on my PC, but my wifes 4S will not sink at all. I need to use my Laptop to sync hers. This has been going on for the last 2 versions of iTunes. Seems like it cannot handle more then 1 device at a time.

I have eight iDevices on one iTunes account, all synched on my Windows laptop.

I'm lazy about tech and think iTunes sucks in many ways, but synching has not been an issue. I even synch my husband's iPhone and iPad. It makes me laugh, because he's a Windows IT freak, but I can manage the Apple devices.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I resisted the call to update, because my computer sucks, and I really hate iTunes. Any ideas? :mad:

Maybe it has nothing to do with itunes...but with your computer. I do not see further information regarding what you are using Vista, Windows 7...

Can you set your itunes to "not" launch when you plug your ipad to the PC?

OP
M

mickyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Maybe it has nothing to do with itunes...but with your computer. I do not see further information regarding what you are using Vista, Windows 7...

Can you set your itunes to "not" launch when you plug your ipad to the PC?

My computer is running XP. Prior to the iTunes update everything was fine. I don't have iTunes launch automatically.

Most reactions