What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since j/b, Youtube links treated as Flash...

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I only jailbroke my iPad the other day (wanted dedicated video out to my TV) and since the j/b I have noticed that links in internet land that direct me to Youtube videos are being treated as if they were Flash video and getting the same cold shoulder as Flash.

Anyone else?

If you go the Youtube app itself, this does not happen. Everything is just peachy from the app itself, but not from links on the web to Youtube.... :(

P.S. - Ipad 1, j/b with RedSn0w on 4.3.3

P.P.S. wrong area of the forum... sorry.... mods..... help! :eek:

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wreybies said:
So, I only jailbroke my iPad the other day (wanted dedicated video out to my TV) and since the j/b I have noticed that links in internet land that direct me to Youtube videos are being treated as if they were Flash video and getting the same cold shoulder as Flash.

Anyone else?

If you go the Youtube app itself, this does not happen. Everything is just peachy from the app itself, but not from links on the web to Youtube.... :(

P.S. - Ipad 1, j/b with RedSn0w on 4.3.3
Never noticed....are you using a browser that is able to change how it is identified by the Internet? Such as atomic or icab? And if so...did you change it recently?
Are you able to watch embedded video?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with OUTL4W, it sounds like you have changed the way your browser is announced to the outside world. This is not the JB, but likely something you have set or installed such as a tweak or alternative browser.
If the website you are visiting thinks you are using a desktop browser it will assume you have the capability to run flash...

OP
Wreybies

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with OUTL4W, it sounds like you have changed the way your browser is announced to the outside world. This is not the JB, but likely something you have set or installed such as a tweak or alternative browser.
If the website you are visiting thinks you are using a desktop browser it will assume you have the capability to run flash...

Cha-ching! That was it! :D

The website I use for my work to access my schedules (Impact 360) was designed by Fred Flintstone's retarded older brother and only recognizes IE and Netscape; thus, I have been spoofing the user agent in order to access it from my iPad and also my Mac.

I had forgotten to change back...:eek:

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts