What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since IO6

Casper1997

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since upgrading the you tube app has vanished all together.

The maps app is next to useless as you can't even look at a picture from the street.

Facebook wanted another upgrade and now it barely works at all.
Does anyone have any ideas.

D

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Both You Tube and Google Maps can be accessed in Safari. You can set up a home screen shortcut for each. This is a good workaround until Google releases its YouTube app for iPad.

In regards to Facebook, I don't know what's happening there, I just know I have not entered any credentials in the iOS settings, and continue to use Facebook app as usual. The app did update around the time iOS6 was released.

Last edited:

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There has been a new app for YouTube available before IOS6.

I installed weeks before and found its better anyway, now when you login you can get the on demand TV.

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
spaghetti head said:
I have found that the Facebook app still sucks just as bad on iOS6.

Hello spaghetti head, you and me also.
Does yours hang and spin the wheel for ages....mine does, even the new app.
I never used it before as I was rather anti-social in that respect, although I've filled my page up, I still have to drop the app and fire it up again on a regular basis.
I have iLoader HD for multiple photo uploads and sometimes that hangs mid process, turn off wifi and on again and it sometimes restarts.
What's annoying about Facebook app is it is limited in functions, you have to go to website to do your "About" editing.....why????
On another note safari now allows upload of photos so I use web access at home on iPad .
My Facebook app for iPhone is just as useless, and again different functions available compared to iPad app and web site
Not apples fault, but you would have thought Facebook would be consistently good or crap.

Dennykrane

spaghetti head

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dennykrane
I have lots of issues with the FB app, but the main one is all of the photos that are posted are quite cropped on my iPad. I have to open each one to see what it is. Imagine having a program that crops all of your photo thumbnails.

I also hate having to go to a browser to accomplish many of the FB functions.

I be really steamed about all of this, but I realize FB is just a pimp and all of the FB users are whores. We (the users) are being sold by FB.

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I totally agree, I posted a photo to FB and someone said it looked like I was looking over a tall wall.
Why couldn't they show it as a full thumbnail, yet the next photo was full size and the post took most of the page
Inconsistency again

I give up

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dennykrane said:
Does yours hang and spin the wheel for ages....mine does, even the new app.
I never used it before as I was rather anti-social in that respect, although I've filled my page up, I still have to drop the app and fire it up again on a regular basis.
I have iLoader HD for multiple photo uploads and sometimes that hangs mid process, turn off wifi and on again and it sometimes restarts.
What's annoying about Facebook app is it is limited in functions, you have to go to website to do your "About" editing.....why????
On another note safari now allows upload of photos so I use web access at home on iPad .
My Facebook app for iPhone is just as useless, and again different functions available compared to iPad app and web site
Not apples fault, but you would have thought Facebook would be consistently good or crap.

Dennykrane

You wanna try the android version my wife has my old s3 the Facebook app is abysmal

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elau said:
I don't have issue with any apps yet but power consumption seems to suck big time. Anyone notice that?

Hi Elau,
Power consumption seems ok I had 100% this morning at 08:00 GMT, and now at 21:43GMT I have 20%.
I have done plenty of surfing, FB, I've been using Apps, streamed some video podcasts, YouTube, emails etc.
When I'm at work I go with 100% and come home 12 hours later with 80%, I just check my phone for missed calls, texts and emails
And I don't switch anything off i.e, 3G and wifi are on....good or average ....I don't know

Dennykrane

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dennykrane said:
Hi Elau,
Power consumption seems ok I had 100% this morning at 08:00 GMT, and now at 21:43GMT I have 20%.
I have done plenty of surfing, FB, I've been using Apps, streamed some video podcasts, YouTube, emails etc.
When I'm at work I go with 100% and come home 12 hours later with 80%, I just check my phone for missed calls, texts and emails
And I don't switch anything off i.e, 3G and wifi are on....good or average ....I don't know

Dennykrane

That's about right for consumption. If there has been one consistent performer on my ipad2 it's been the battery. Always pleased with how man hours we can get out of this thing before a charge is needed.

Reaction score
You'll get used to the update soon. Trust me. I used to hate it. (I still do a bit.) but theres other apps for the lost youtube app. Like youplayer and jasmine. (I hate jasmine youplayer is WAY better maybe even better than the original youtube app!)

corncob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll get used to the update soon. Trust me. I used to hate it. (I still do a bit.) but theres other apps for the lost youtube app. Like youplayer and jasmine. (I hate jasmine youplayer is WAY better maybe even better than the original youtube app!)
I never could get to watch anything with Jasmine. It said YouTube has restricted access to everything I tried. Youplayer seems to be good though.

Most reactions

Latest posts