What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

simplified icons across the board?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
just a thought, sorry if its been mentioned before.....

i personally love the new simplified and slimmed down look of iOS7. but, what of all the existing icons? what of all the icons from apps not produced by Apple, old, current and future? will devs have to conform to some sort of simplification with their app icons too? and what of all my existing old icons?

seems a bit odd if only Apple complie as 99% of my springboard apps/icons are non-Apple and will either make a mockery of the new styling or i wont even notice it in the first place. I mean, some logos on apps like the BBC and Sky stuff will be most difficult if not impossible to make simple. it's not in some company's remit to play around with their logos.

whats the crack? any ideas how this will all work?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That'd probably be up to the App Developing companies whether or my they'd want to conform with the flat themed icons that comes with iOS 7. I could probably see some companies completely changing the icon to something flat, or they could possibly implement an iOS checker that would use an icon based on which iOS is on your device rather than globally changing it

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That'd probably be up to the App Developing companies whether or my they'd want to conform with the flat themed icons that comes with iOS 7. I could probably see some companies completely changing the icon to something flat, or they could possibly implement an iOS checker that would use an icon based on which iOS is on your device rather than globally changing it

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Apple already does this, with their app icons appearance based on which iOS is installed on the device. Any device on iOS 7 beta will show the new icons, while the same app on a device running iOS 6 shows the old icons.

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Edit: Just saw scifans reply. So I guess I think this is the reason.

You can notice some difference between the look of every app in every version. So if iOS 7 will be a slim and flat look, so as other apps. Every app has there own counterparts in every version (Well Kinda). Well even before a new version is released, Apple orders the devs to change the appearance of there apps (If there is any change in the icons)

Last edited:

Most reactions