What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple picture viewer for mentally retarded ?

Reaction score
Hi
My son (41) is mentally retarded, but he loves to watch pictures and videos of himself and assistants. He manages to manouver between the folders and to find his favourite videos. However, as there are too many buttons and options in the Pictures app, he may do major damage to the structure and storage and delete pictures and folders. I have tried to limit his access to buttons by using the function where parts of the screen can be covered with transparent gray squares, but I am not able to make it work flawlessly for him.
I can not find any absolutely barebones image viewer for kids that syncs with Pictures but with just the few necessary buttons. If so I could administer his Pictures app with files and folders, and limit him to use the simplified app.
Do you have any idea how this could be accomplished? To find a solution is important to him and us.
(I first posted this question in the Off-topic forum, but got no replies)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

I do hope you’ll get replies to this thread. The other one has been deleted. You’ll get more accurate and better results when the discussion stays in one thread only. I’d love to help, but I’m not aware of an app like the one you’d need. So good luck with your question!

TabletGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
My son (41) is mentally retarded, but he loves to watch pictures and videos of himself and assistants. He manages to manouver between the folders and to find his favourite videos. However, as there are too many buttons and options in the Pictures app, he may do major damage to the structure and storage and delete pictures and folders. I have tried to limit his access to buttons by using the function where parts of the screen can be covered with transparent gray squares, but I am not able to make it work flawlessly for him.
I can not find any absolutely barebones image viewer for kids that syncs with Pictures but with just the few necessary buttons. If so I could administer his Pictures app with files and folders, and limit him to use the simplified app.
Do you have any idea how this could be accomplished? To find a solution is important to him and us.
(I first posted this question in the Off-topic forum, but got no replies)
Hi,
I can understand your situation because my mom has problems with complicated things too. You might try this one on the app store:
‎Another Photo Viewer

It does have some advanced option but the interface is very very basic and the retard will probably not be able to mess it up. I think that most of the damage does not come from complexity but because of frustration. I hope it is what you are looking for. Cheers.

Most reactions

Latest posts