What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple MIDI file player

markdayton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a simple MIDI player. Sites like CyberHymnal.org have MIDI files of hymns, but when you click on them you get a message asking what do you want to open the file with (none of the available options play MIDI files). The file is given a QuickTime icon in the prompt, so the iPad recognizes it as a media file, but it doesn't seem to have anything built in to play them. Most of the MIDI apps in the app store cost too much and have more features than what I need - all I want to do is click on the link and have the file play. Any suggestions?

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midi players i've found don't like working with online materials. I use Splashtop, personally...

OP
M

markdayton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the inputs, but both of these solutions are much more complicated than what I need.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it but how about Symphonix Evolution Player?

The Archangel

Thanks for this, Gabriel1. I've been looking for a simple MIDI player for a while now.

Yeah, they're not in much use, but they are what you get when you save an accompaniment file from Sibelius or Noteworthy.

Again, thanks for the tip. It plays MIDIs and that's all I needed. And, for $0.99 (USD) - well worth it.

Marilyn

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
People still use MIDI files? Incredible...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

You would be surprised at how many still use them, they can be quite useful when programming backing tracks.

The Archangel

OP
M

markdayton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My needs were even simpler. All I wanted was to be able to listen to a bit of a midi file on a website to make sure I recognized it.

Bcardinalj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mind telling me how you solved the problem? I would like to be able to play files from within cyberbass.org....have bought Syphonix Evolution player, but the files still won't play.

OP
M

markdayton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I was able to solve the problem with the Symphonix player so I don't know what to suggest.

mkilga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use the App "Midi Out" for my live performances. Works great and is easy to use! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts