What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple database with sync between devices

psl007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a simple database app which can sync its data between ipad/ipod/iphone.

No need for templates, relational database, extra security just a simple database that can sync.

Optional requirements
- import export
- dropbox support
- sync with windows based database

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Pakman0209

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow

Database, as in database of contacts?

I've been looking for the same thing. For some reason whenever I sync with the standard outlook, or google contacts i get duplicates on my iphone/ipad and on the google contacts. Additionally it wont add the contacts that I create on my iphone/ipad.

I'm not sure where the problem lies, but I am looking for a database program that could sync these devices along with my Blackberry for work.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
@Pakman0209. sounds like you have both contacts syncing in itunes turned on and are using a exchange account for your GMail. Switch the syncing off in one of these places to prevent you creating duplicates. I would suggest switching itunes syncing off, as the exchange syncing works OTA.

EDIT: oops DEAD THREAD, well my advice is still good, but guess he would have sorted it out by now.

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but does the OP not mean a general db? ive been thinking sbout this sort of app too

im currently using dropbox and regular word docs, but would love an app that will allow me to search and organise across multiple docs/info in them etc

cheers
dan

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No need for templates, relational database, extra security just a simple database that can sync.
What about using Excel about database? There are office apps compatible with Excel and cloud support.

PS: There is a relational database app called "Database for iPad" (free) but it doesn't offer sync and seems unsupported.

owsc2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did a quick search and it seems that CSV Touch and CSV Dataviewer meets your basic requirements.

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you are jailbroken on your devices you can use a cydia app called "Data Deposit" to sync data between any the apps via dropbox. Obviously you need the same database app on each device.

Handy for syncing gamesave date etc as well.

sinashin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be able to sync your contacts, calendars, email accounts, etc to both devices, since those all originate from your computer.

What's more, you may refer to the page about iPod/iPhone/iPad Transfer Backup Reviews, which included transferring iDevice files to computer and iTunes.
Good Luck...:D

Sina

Last edited:

jamievenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolute easiest way is use one account. Using more than one account is feasible but a bit more fiddly especially when it comes to updates.

Most reactions

Latest posts