What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sim Ejector Tool Broke!

hoypoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was using my ejector tool to open my sim tray but it snapped off in the hole!
Now I cannot open my sim tray at all.
Any ideas on how to open it or get the end of the tool out of the hole??
I took it to the apple store and they couldn’t offer any help

OP
H

hoypoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone encounter this kind of issue before???

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you maybe get some tweezers to grasp it with and pull it out?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can you maybe get some tweezers to grasp it with and pull it out?

Now, my iPad does not have a Sim card slot but as a woodworker, I get occasional splinters and have a really fine pointed tweezers (magnification helps) for removal, like the one in the attached pic; so I'd agree w/ Poisonivy - you just need the right one. I'm not sure what the 'ejector tool' is made of, but if magnetic, then a small magnet might work - just a thought. Also, I guess if you could find a really small cocktail straw that would fit into the hole, it might enclose the broken tip to allow removal, but not sure if there is such a tiny straw?

Just curious though - if I had a Sim iPad, then a 'paper clip' in my wallet would probably be my choice for a removal tool - free, easy to replace, and not breakable? Dave :)

Tweezers.jpg

D

Deleted member 247820

I agree about the paper clip.
It works just fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts