What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silly ichat question

bigbearnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't own an iPad yet doing my research first. When I get an iPad it will be replacing my iPhone and I will just use my phone at home ( landline) when I need to make calls. But I am a texted and my husband texts me a lot at work so I need to know this. Since the iPad is obviously bigger and it can't be put in pocket or carried from room to room as easily with you if I am not on the iPad but the device is on will I hear a text message alert as I would on a cell phone or do I have to be on iPad or in the iChat app ? Thanks

Cevil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can use the iChat. I have an iPad but my iChat is not running yet on it. I try to fix it. However, it should work

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't own an iPad yet doing my research first. When I get an iPad it will be replacing my iPhone and I will just use my phone at home ( landline) when I need to make calls. But I am a texted and my husband texts me a lot at work so I need to know this. Since the iPad is obviously bigger and it can't be put in pocket or carried from room to room as easily with you if I am not on the iPad but the device is on will I hear a text message alert as I would on a cell phone or do I have to be on iPad or in the iChat app ? Thanks

The functionality of the iPad and iPhone is very similar with one major difference, the iPad is not a phone. So if you rely upon your iPhone for making and receiving calls the iPad will not replace those functions.
The iPad will alert you to iMessage texts if you are on WiFi or 3/4G.

Most reactions

Latest posts