What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silicon or Hard Case

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i went with the hard clear plastic case for the body of the unit along with a Cimo anti glare matte screen protector unit with flip pocket case for stowage in the sling bag for travel

i figure i got the best of all three words for protecting the ipad when traveling and inuse.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm.. I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning more towards a silicon style case.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think either way, should be accompanied with the screen protector. But what you yall think about the type of case? Most people I know that have iphones prefer hard cases, but with IPAD, seems like the Silicon case will be easier to handle.

What you think?

Hard Case:

NuGuard Hard Shell Clear Polycarbonate Case... (PADNUGSCLR) at OWC

Silicon:

NuGuard Soft Silicone Case for iPad - Blac... (PADNUGSILBK) at OWC

I clearly don't recommend you the Polycarbonate .. as in no time lot of scratch will appear, silicone is better, or even a decoration film

Terry2543

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the oem case and I think it's very nice. One can cut the cover off if desired to make it an open design. The material is rubber like and smooth. I am very impress with the material and quality.

Btw,I agree with silicon is a better option when compare to polycarbonate.

OP
R

rayson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went with the silicon

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DVJW3O/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0QY1RR9XPJEC13Y4VAE4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846]Amazon.com: Apple Ipad Black Silicone Case with Free Screen Guard: Electronics[/ame]

12 bucks!!

OP
R

rayson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hate to admit it..

but i agree with you..

wats the diff btwn the gell and silicon?

wilgluck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well with silicon its easier to carry Ipad but by adding case to it will be more protective. There are many cases available in the market these days and also there is option of getting it designed according to your requirements,style and needs.

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marware CEO hybrid case and loving it!

Attachments

• image-627566765.png
    image-627566765.png
    604.2 KB · Views: 239
  • image-1624721003.png
    image-1624721003.png
    715 KB · Views: 242

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had the choice, i would pick silicone because its just easier to handle but my uncle gave me his leather case because he go a better one so i'll take anything if its free !!

Most reactions

Latest posts