What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Significant touch point offset on ipad 3

koala1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[SOLVED] Significant touch point offset on ipad 3

Hi guys,

Problem
:
Everytime I touch, for example, an [x] button to close a tab or window, I need to touch it slightly below by about 1 to 2mm. If I touch on the centre of it (by using stylus), it doesn't work.

This "issue" seems to be more pronounced in certain applications such as AppStore or Goodreader.

I had done some searches, and the most useful answer I found is that this might be a feature rather than a hardware issue. See here:
automatic Touch point offset problem (iPad) « cocos2d for iPhone

To reproduce this "issue"
:
Open the AppStore
Click on the search box
Type anything, in my case I just type "Test"
There is an [x] appears on the right of search box
Now, to click on this [x], I have to aim my stylus roughly 1mm below it. It won't work if I hit the stylus on the centre of [x].

Does anyone else have this issue?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
OP
K

koala1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, problem solved.

Went to Apple Store today - Tested on four ipad3 and some of the ipad2 - Similar behaviour.

So it appears that this is a feature/intentional. Which makes me feel a little better that at least I can now rest my mind that it is not a hardware fault.

Most reactions