1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Significant touch point offset on ipad 3

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by koala1977, Sep 18, 2012.

1. koala1977

koala1977 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [SOLVED] Significant touch point offset on ipad 3

Hi guys,

Problem
    :
    Everytime I touch, for example, an [x] button to close a tab or window, I need to touch it slightly below by about 1 to 2mm. If I touch on the centre of it (by using stylus), it doesn't work.

This "issue" seems to be more pronounced in certain applications such as AppStore or Goodreader.

I had done some searches, and the most useful answer I found is that this might be a feature rather than a hardware issue. See here:
    automatic Touch point offset problem (iPad) « cocos2d for iPhone

To reproduce this "issue"
    :
    Open the AppStore
    Click on the search box
    Type anything, in my case I just type "Test"
    There is an [x] appears on the right of search box
    Now, to click on this [x], I have to aim my stylus roughly 1mm below it. It won't work if I hit the stylus on the centre of [x].

Does anyone else have this issue?

Many thanks.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. koala1977

koala1977 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, problem solved.

Went to Apple Store today - Tested on four ipad3 and some of the ipad2 - Similar behaviour.

So it appears that this is a feature/intentional. Which makes me feel a little better that at least I can now rest my mind that it is not a hardware fault.