Apple introduced a Split View mode in iOS 9 for iPad users to be able to use two apps side-by-side. However, users aren't able to open two Safari windows side-by-side.
However, there's now a new app called Sidefari from developer Francisco Cantu which allows users to have two webpages open side-by-side. Here's how the description of the app sounds like:
"Sidefari is a simple web browser that is designed to act as a companion to Safari. With multitasking in iOS 9, Sidefari uses the new Safari View Controller to show an extra Safari-based browser on the side of your iPad's screen. Now you'll be able to have two websites simultaneously on the same screen enjoying the full benefits of Safari, like content blockers"
And here are the main features:
The app works by using Safari View Controller to open a second webpage via Split View. To activate Sidefari, all a user has to do is open the Slide Over app picker and choose Sidefari. The app also works in multiple sizes, allowing users to use Sidefari to take up either half the screen or smaller. Sidefari for iPad is available in the App Store for $0.99.
- Compatible with iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, and iPad Pro
- Safari View Controller integration; optimized for multitasking
- Included action extension to open URLs in-app from anywhere (that includes Safari!)
- History always visible for quick an easy access to a previously-browsed website
- Option to delete and/or disable history