What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sick of iPhone content in cydia

weaselnoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jail broke my iPad to customize it to my liking but am quickly losing interest because of all the iPhone crap I have to weed through just to find iPad themes and tools. Is there a way to browse content that just pertains to the iPad and hide all the iPhone/iPod content?

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Extremely juvenile

I find the content of Cydia to be for the most part extremely juvenile, half baked, unfinished apps.

IMHO jailbreak is not worth it for an iPad.

jakerich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroke only to get to the BT stack so I could use an external BT GPS with my WiFi only Ipad. So, not all of the stuff is junk...

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still think jailbreak is handy. For iFile, SBSettings, Backgrounder and Proswitcher, UnlimVidz, and Installous of course for testing out apps. Aside from the loads of crap there are a half-dozen great apps that make a jailbreak worth it. Honestly since setting up the above apps and a few others I rarely use Cydia at all.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I jail broke my iPad to customize it to my liking but am quickly losing interest because of all the iPhone crap I have to weed through just to find iPad themes and tools. Is there a way to browse content that just pertains to the iPad and hide all the iPhone/iPod content?

ROFL

cydia has been around for two + years for ONLY the iphone and now that the ipad is out for a few months your mad that most of the stuff is for the iphone.

It is what it is, if you don't like it you can not JB or make your own JB apps instead of complaining that others are not making stuff to your liking. Notice that most of the paid JB apps are both iphone/ipad. you get what you pay for.

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMHO jailbreak is not worth it for an iPad.

Well, it takes literally seconds and you have the capability to install things if needed. You could always jailbreak it and never install anything just in case that one day where you wish you had multitasking...
IMHO, it's worth the two minutes of install time at least..

Wolfhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that the ability to separate out iPad apps/stuff would be nice and it is in no way insulting to the long-term that the website has been around. I pay for stuff so you can not ding me on that point, just would like an ability to separate out the iPad stuff. I realize that this will come along at sometime.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I think that the ability to separate out iPad apps/stuff would be nice and it is in no way insulting to the long-term that the website has been around. I pay for stuff so you can not ding me on that point, just would like an ability to separate out the iPad stuff. I realize that this will come along at sometime.

Yes the seperation part is coming. but it wont be automatic or quick.

OP
W

weaselnoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score

ROFL

cydia has been around for two + years for ONLY the iphone and now that the ipad is out for a few months your mad that most of the stuff is for the iphone.

It is what it is, if you don't like it you can not JB or make your own JB apps instead of complaining that others are not making stuff to your liking. Notice that most of the paid JB apps are both iphone/ipad. you get what you pay for.

You couldn't have posted a douchier reply. I could care less how long cydia has been around or what the ratio of iPhone vs iPad content is. I wasn't Even complaining about the lack of content for the iPad. I was simply asking if there was a way to sort it by device. How is that not a valid question?

Most reactions

Latest posts