What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHSH Blobs

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok so I'm gonna go ahead and give my self the award for dumbest question ever.... So here it is

I keep seeing save shsh blobs... What is this, how do I do it and why should I do it.... I'm pretty sure I won the award lol.... Go easy on me....

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So after reading that the reason to save is to restore to a lower level.... What is I have no plans to do that?

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So after reading that the reason to save is to restore to a lower level.... What is I have no plans to do that?

There is actually no way to downgrade from 6.whatever. We save blobs in hopes that maybe there will be a way to load unsigned builds...eventually

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is actually no way to downgrade from 6.whatever. We save blobs in hopes that maybe there will be a way to load unsigned builds...eventually

To be more correct, if you have an iPad 2 and have blobs for iOS 5.1.1 and any version of iOS 4, you can downgrade.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

One reason for blobs is for a downgrade, but in modern times the primary use of blobs has been to support the re-restore of the firmware you currently have once it is no longer being signed.

Rather than answer your question, I would pose another one...

Has everything that has ever happened in your life gone according to the plan you had at the start, and have your plans never changed?

Just because you don't want to do something today, does not mean that you have forseen all the possible situations in the future which might cause you to change your plans. It takes around 10 mintues to save your blobs the first time using TinyUmbrella. We have a tutorial here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

If you think that would be a wasted 10 minutes, then that's your decision to make ;)
My advice would be to do it, because you never know what might happen in the future to make you change your plans.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts