What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHSH Blobs - Frequently Asked Questions - UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
can someone tell me how do i save the current version blob without actually updating to it?? is it possible?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
can someone tell me how do i save the current version blob without actually updating to it?? is it possible?

Did you read the FAQ? :D
It's easy. Download TinyUmbrella and save it. They have NOTHING to do with the version you have installed, which I explained in the FAQ Q11!

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i read it...but wont i have to be on the latest update on my ipad2 tosave sh blobs of that update>?

Gui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all, i hope i didnt missed the answer at FAQ.
I got my IPad 2 with 4.3.1 and i saved the blobs with TU.
But they appear as 4.3.3.
Can i upgrade and then downgrade to "4.3.1" without problems?

Thanks.

Great forum!Great community!

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gui said:
Hey all, i hope i didnt missed the answer at FAQ.
I got my IPad 2 with 4.3.1 and i saved the blobs with TU.
But they appear as 4.3.3. ??
Can i upgrade and then downgrade to "4.3.1" without problems?

Thanks.

Great forum!Great community!
From what I understood from your question the answer is no.

When did you save the shsh blobs? If it was recent then you most likely only have shsh blobs for 4.3.3 saved as apple stop signing for earlier iOS versions (4.3, 4.3.1 and 4.3.2).

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, iRager is right.

Saving blobs has nothing to do with what version you have installed. It is all about timing and what Apple is signing when you request to save them. So if you did it any time recently then the only blobs you are entitled to are 4.3.3 because that is all Apple is providing. That's why it is so important to start saving as soon as you get your device, so that you are always saving away the current firmware blobs for a rainy day...

Gui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for the bad news.
I saved the blobs very recently...
Now i understand how this work.

Hope "ninja" do a 4.3.3 move :)

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have updated the main post with new information related to iFaith and also a warning for iPad2 3G and CDMA owners who are looking to use blobs to downgrade their firmware

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
First a warning - iPad2 owners with 3G or CDMA models MUST NOT try and downgrade their firmware using SHSH Blobs at the current time. Apple has updated their security on the iPad2 and this prevents any downgrade of the iOS completing successfully on these.
Does this mean that those who have their blobs for 4.3 saved then upgraded won't be able to downgrade?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this mean that those who have their blobs for 4.3 saved then upgraded won't be able to downgrade?

Yes iRager. That's exactly what it means for iPad2 3G / CDMA owners only. 4.3 blobs are currently worthless until such time as a suitable exploit is discovered to enable them to be used.

This does not effect any iPad1 owners or iPad2 WiFi owners.

neokfire7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I made the jb in my ipad2 3g. I installed the tinyumbrella v.5.00.03 , i pressed the button " start tss server" ..... Now?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
neokfire7 said:
Hi! I made the jb in my ipad2 3g. I installed the tinyumbrella v.5.00.03 , i pressed the button " start tss server" ..... Now?

No, start TSS server is for when you need to restore with your blobs. You need to select your device and press save shsh. That is all...

neokfire7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
neokfire7 said:

No, start TSS server is for when you need to restore with your blobs. You need to select your device and press save shsh. That is all...

Ok i made...
The folder .shsh that i creat is about 1.53MB.....
Am i ok now?
Sorry iam sooo noob, i know. Thank u for your answer.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok i made...
The folder .shsh that i creat is about 1.53MB.....
Am i ok now?
Sorry iam sooo noob, i know. Thank u for your answer.

Yes. The folder has one or more files in it. Those are your blobs for all versions of IOS you are entitled to at the moment. You can see which ones they are in TinyUmbrella. You may have some 5.x beta ones. Don't worry about those. They are normal. As long as you have 4.3.3, you are OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts