What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHSH Blobs - Frequently Asked Questions - UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
th3hat3r said:
Thanks for a great FAQ dude! Well i have a question,

I am running iOS 4.3.3 (Jailbroken Untethered), and when iOS 4.3.4 is released, will i be able to update it to 4.3.4? (I saved my SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 by TU)

Thanks for the comments.
Yes, of course you can always update to the newest iOS. There would be no point in Apple releasing it if you couldn't!
What your 4.3.3 blobs allow you to do is downgrade to or reinstall 4.3.3, if for some reason you don't like the next version of iOS and Apple has stopped signing 4.3.3...

th3hat3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
th3hat3r said:
Thanks for a great FAQ dude! Well i have a question,

I am running iOS 4.3.3 (Jailbroken Untethered), and when iOS 4.3.4 is released, will i be able to update it to 4.3.4? (I saved my SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 by TU)

Thanks for the comments.
Yes, of course you can always update to the newest iOS. There would be no point in Apple releasing it if you couldn't!
What your 4.3.3 blobs allow you to do is downgrade to or reinstall 4.3.3, if for some reason you don't like the next version of iOS and Apple has stopped signing 4.3.3...

Oh ok thanks dude!:)

Gen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Thanks for the comments.

How do I add a pic to this app?I'm also trying to start a thread and it's not allowing me to...Help!

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gen said:
How do I add a pic to this app?I'm also trying to start a thread and it's not allowing me to...Help!

To start a thread in the app, view a forum (NOT A THREAD) and use the button in the top right and choose "New Thread"... To add a picture visit the full site via browser, usually best done on the desktop, and choose the "User CP" from the top menu to get into your user control panel and edit all your settings etc.

Gen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
To start a thread in the app, view a forum (NOT A THREAD) and use the button in the top right and choose "New Thread"... To add a picture visit the full site via browser, usually best done on the desktop, and choose the "User CP" from the top menu to get into your user control panel and edit all your settings etc.

Thanks very much! I will try and let you know. What is the full website please?

Martefabio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since obtaining that 128-byte RSA signature key that apple uses to generate the damn blobs would take trillions of years, then how about we just try something different? What about if we spoof our ECIDs to an old iDevice's ECID which already has the blobs stores on cydia? Now, if the spoofing the ECID is just COMPLETELY impossible, can we just disassemble an old iDevice that currently has all the blobs on cydia's server and take this actual physical ECID and install it on another new iDevice that never had its blobs saved, in theory making it now possible for this new iDevice to be downgraded to any of the blobs that the old iDevice's ECID has stored on cydia?

Renzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Tiny umbrealla on mac OSX and I cannot save my blobs for Ipad 2 4.3.3 (just in case Jailbreak appears one day)

When I click save SSH it just work in the butter

What i mean is the little circle to say it's working is turning but nothing else happens (been there for like 30min)

If i go into advance i have these check

Save all available Shsh
Request SHSH on Cydia server
Overwrite existing SHSH
When conected prefer my cutom name

Logs says this

05/17/2011 15:04:17.931 Device connected: Ipad2 05/17/2011 15:04:17.954 Loaded History... 05/17/2011 15:04:21.694 Started saving SHSHs for [ Ipad2] 05/17/2011 15:04:21.710 Started saving SHSHs for [ Ipad2]

If I uncheck the resquet shsh from cydia it seems to save localy ok

Am i doing ok?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I uncheck the resquet shsh from cydia it seems to save localy ok
Am i doing ok?

Yes, you are OK, you have saved 4.3.3 SHSH locally. You can only save SHSH for iPad2 from Apple, not from Cydia at the moment using TU. The developer of TU is working on this for the next version...

Renzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The thing is I'm saying Ipad2

But even with my Apple TV or my Iphone 4 when i click save SHSH with the request Cydia option check it seems to hang

For the iphone do I need to save my SHSH from cydia inside the phone before I can check the box in TU or that doesnt mather?

Thanks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The thing is I'm saying Ipad2

But even with my Apple TV or my Iphone 4 when i click save SHSH with the request Cydia option check it seems to hang

For the iphone do I need to save my SHSH from cydia inside the phone before I can check the box in TU or that doesnt mather?

Thanks

Well, all I can tell you is iPad2 doesn't work yet, my iPad and iPhone4 both work fine via Cydia, and I don't have an AppleTV.
Suggest you wait for the new version of TU, which should be out soon, and try again.

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a question or two...im new to the apple world. i received an iPad from work, i wanted to jailbreak it so im starting to read up on all of this. I had the ipad for a month now but never hook it up to my pc. From what i read in the FAQ, i need to have it hook up, using itune, download TU, run the blobs back up and then proceed to jailbreak, is that correct? i know that backing up blobs has nothing to do with jb but i wanted to make sure i can go back to my current version which is 4.2.1. I want to jailbreak and move up to the new version but i want to make sure. Thanks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ntrddragn said:
i have a question or two...im new to the apple world. i received an iPad from work, i wanted to jailbreak it so im starting to read up on all of this. I had the ipad for a month now but never hook it up to my pc. From what i read in the FAQ, i need to have it hook up, using itune, download TU, run the blobs back up and then proceed to jailbreak, is that correct? i know that backing up blobs has nothing to do with jb but i wanted to make sure i can go back to my current version which is 4.2.1. I want to jailbreak and move up to the new version but i want to make sure. Thanks

No, you misunderstood the FAQ. You cannot save 4.2.1 for the reasons stated in the FAQ.
The only blobs you can now save are 4.3.3 which is the current firmware, and at the moment, whilst it is good practice for you to save them, there is no urgency as you can save them up to the time Apple release a new iOS. We don't currently have one on the horizon.
So, all you need to do is upgrade your iPad to 4.3.3 using iTunes. Once you are happy you have the new version instilled and running, follow the redsn0w tutorial in our tutorial and guides section. After that is all finished and you are jailbroken you can save your 4.3.3 SHSH blobs using TU if you like.

Hope that helps.

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see. I guess I didn't read it carefully. I guess the only step left is to do it. :D thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts