What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Showing photos on TV screen

mrsmopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my new iPad and am still getting used to what it can do. I have loads of photos on it as its a great way to show to
friends and family. I would also like to connect the iPad to the TV and do a slide show. How do I do this? I tried plugging it in using the USB but didn't work. Do I have to get the apple box for about £80 o r is there another way to do it?
The TV is a HD Panasonic. Help?

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Apple TV and it work wonders with not only my Ipad, but my Iphone as well. The Apple TV is only 100 dollars which is a good buy, and as long as your Ipad and Apple TV is on the same Wifi every photo you take will automatically be synced to your Apple TV through ICloud

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I love my new iPad and am still getting used to what it can do. I have loads of photos on it as its a great way to show to friends and family. I would also like to connect the iPad to the TV and do a slide show. How do I do this? I tried plugging it in using the USB but didn't work. Do I have to get the apple box for about £80 o r is there another way to do it? The TV is a HD Panasonic. Help?

Hi Mrsmopp - welcome to the forum! :)

The 'wireless' option is certainly a good possibility, plus Apple TV provides a lot of other features, such as streaming movies & TV series; if the latter is of interest to you, then still a viable solution.

For myself, I occasionally connect my iPad2 to my HDTV via a HDMI (USB will not work) cable and an iPad adapter as shown in the image below - an HDMI cable plugs into the larger end of the adapter (black in the pic) and the iPad can be charged at the same same (the white 'larger' older iPad connector) - of course, if you have a new iPad w/ the smaller connector, then a different HDMI adapter will be needed. Good luck & let us know your outcome!

accessory-apple-digital-av-adapter.jpg

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I 2nd the Apple TV option..............well worth the $100 for all it does.
Straight forward setup and easy operation with no messy cables attached to your iPad.

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple TV is prob the best addition we have added to our family of apple devices. Gets used all the time as we use Netflix via the device and also great for streaming movies from the mac. Worthy purchase IMO

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do love my Apple TV-however, in some instances, using the AG connector/HDMI hook up may be better particularly in those instances where a wifi connection is not present. I will have to get the
AG connector for a presentation I am doing at our clinic site which currently doesn't have wifi setup.

So giradman's recommendation a great option! :)

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do love my Apple TV-however, in some instances, using the AG connector/HDMI hook up may be better particularly in those instances where a wifi connection is not present. I will have to get the
AG connector for a presentation I am doing at our clinic site which currently doesn't have wifi setup.

So giradman's recommendation a great option! :)

There's places nowadays that don't have WiFi? :D
IMHO that's the sweetness of Apple TV.....no cables.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you record programmes on the Apple TV from your tv? Sorry if its a daft question, is Apple TV like my humax free view box?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope you can't record tv program's.

The Apple TV is designed to download films off iTunes and watch various things via YouTube Netflix etc... Stream from your phone and what not.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's places nowadays that don't have WiFi? :D
IMHO that's the sweetness of Apple TV.....no cables.

Oh, yes...there are a lot of offices here that don't have it. Part the reason is the security piece of it when its connected to patient care information. Our main campus all have WIFI for guests and family members, but it hasn't gone out to the outpatient facilities yet. We're working on it, though.

One of the things with setting up the ATV...at least it was for me, it took some time for it set up and connect to our network at home. The time potentially spent for a 2 hour Golf-Clinic that I am holding next month isn't worth the hassle of all that even if I did have WIFI in our clinic. I think I would still do a direct cable connect...but agree that the ATV is super nice.

OP
M

mrsmopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found the simplest way is to load all my photos on to a memory stick, connect it to the TV and do a slide show.

It worked great- a lovely way to enjoy and show my photos. Thanks to all who replied.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have found the simplest way is to load all my photos on to a memory stick, connect it to the TV and do a slide show.

It worked great- a lovely way to enjoy and show my photos. Thanks to all who replied.

Well, Mrsmopp after a 4 month absence, you've responded w/ an additional option to those recommended back in February - the other choices would have been fine and also would have offered other possibilities - using a USB memory stick requires putting the images onto the device and then plugging it into a HDTV that has the appropriate input option, thus requiring an updated TV - SO, for those considering how to accomplish this goal, there are obviously many choices, but first consider your hardware options - and if not sure, please join into this post or start a new thread. Dave :)

OP
M

mrsmopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, Mrsmopp after a 4 month absence, you've responded w/ an additional option to those recommended back in February - the other choices would have been fine and also would have offered other possibilities - using a USB memory stick requires putting the images onto the device and then plugging it into a HDTV that has the appropriate input option, thus requiring an updated TV - SO, for those considering how to accomplish this goal, there are obviously many choices, but first consider your hardware options - and if not sure, please join into this post or start a new thread. Dave :)

Well, pardon me for a four month absence - why you bother to mention it?
Been in hospital, A bit ill.
Sometimes life takes over and this has to go on the back burner. Priorities.
Didn't like your tone, Dave.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, pardon me for a four month absence - why you bother to mention it?
Been in hospital, A bit ill.
Sometimes life takes over and this has to go on the back burner. Priorities.
Didn't like your tone, Dave.

Sorry, no way for me to know - hope that all is well now, and I apologize for your perceived tone of my response - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts