What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Showing Day & Date at Top of Screen on iPad 3

CDavey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to show that info as well as the time?

CDavey

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, not on a stock iPad. If you were to jail break the iPad, you could put the date in the status bar. I've not found any tweak to put the actual day (the word) in the status bar.

But, again, any changes like that can only be done with the jail broken iPad, not the stock one.

Marilyn

OP
CDavey

CDavey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Unfortunately, not on a stock iPad. If you were to jail break the iPad, you could put the date in the status bar. I've not found any tweak to put the actual day (the word) in the status bar.

But, again, any changes like that can only be done with the jail broken iPad, not the stock one.

Marilyn

Thus was my fear, wish they'd put that in on the stock iPad, I get a bug like this up my keester, and I bug them 'til they do it or just flat-out refuse. Let the bugging begin.

Thanks for the info!

CDavey

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While the date and day do not show up in the status bar, they do show in the Calendar app's icon. Keep it on your dock so that it is visible on all the app screens.

OP
CDavey

CDavey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
While the date and day do not show up in the status bar, they do show in the Calendar app's icon. Keep it on your dock so that it is visible on all the app screens.

That's what I have been doing but the real estate on that dock is getting more valuable by the day!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's what I have been doing but the real estate on that dock is getting more valuable by the day!

It does get that way. I'm occasionally forced to be brutally honest with myself, and weed out the apps I think should be there and only leave the ones I actually use. ;)

OP
CDavey

CDavey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It does get that way. I'm occasionally forced to be brutally honest with myself, and weed out the apps I think should be there and only leave the ones I actually use. ;)

I wish I didn't know what you mean!

Judgejase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a way to put the date on the status bar if your are jail broken, it's a tweak that is built into sbsettings, launch sbsettings and press the "more" button, then choose sbsettings options and turn on status bar date, press home button to exit and your iPad will restring, when it comes back on you will have the date on the status bar in a 14/06 or 06/14 format.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ibnsaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. I'm a Noob but I am an IT professional. I've created an account (ibnsaud) and I Post Quick Reply to CDavey (I *think*) but I do not see my Reply in this thread. Is there the usual delay for editorial review? Just asking as I did not see this disclaimer in my admittedly cursory review of the rules. Just wanted to ask an experienced user and re-test posting. Thanks for any help...

ibnsaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Calendar on Dock Elegant Idea

Twerppoet and CDavey. Great discussion. Exactly what I wanted to know. First, great idea about dropping the Calendar on my dock. I just did this and I am happier than I was. Also, I am luckier then CDavey in that I have room on my dock right now but his point is well made and appreciated. The date should easily appear at the top with the time similar to the iPhones. I am not rubbing it in but twerppoet's suggestion has made me satisfied for now if not completely happy. This is an improvement for me (all about me of course;-). I will also mention this simple setting to Apple Forums and this sometimes works if enough of us ask. Oh, twerppoet, this is an elegant workaround. I'm embarrassed that I had to find your post rather than noddleing it out for myself! Cheers all... PS. My son in college jailbreaks all do his devices but I do not. My employer frowns on that type of behavior, understandably so.

Most reactions

Latest posts