What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should this be the smell of leather?

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recently bought an AYL Leather 3-in-1 Folio for my IPad, and have been plagued with a toxic type of smell emanating from it. I had looked at a similar Folio from another manufacturer, first, but had read about how horribly their offering smelled. Having found the one I have - with no mention to be found of such odors - I ordered it. But this thing reeks and, in the few days that I have had it, there seems to have been not even the slightest degree of lessening.

I don't know if anyone else has had experience with what I am plagued with, but wonder if there is some type of leather treatment which might help to combat the offending odor.

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's probably not leather really. My YooBao Slim is real leather, and I can hold it to my nose and enjoy the smell to this day.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AYL = Alternative Yechhh Leather. They use skunk skins. They haven't quite got the hang of completely eliminating the pong, LOL.

(j/k)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The dyes they use to get a uniform color on leather can be very strong and the smell will depend on how long they had it before shipping.
Your best bet is to leave it outside for a couple of days and hope it starts to fade.
Thats assuming it's genuine leather :(

Most reactions

Latest posts