What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should there be lag on the new ipad??

mandoster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just upgraded to the new iPad about 5 days ago and am noticing a slight lag when I scroll down pages (either Internet, Facebook, etc.). A friend of mine told me these new iPads have a much improved processor and are super fast when navigating or running multiple programs. Should I just exchange mine or is this normal on new iPads?

-mandoster

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mandoster said:
Just upgraded to the new iPad about 5 days ago and am noticing a slight lag when I scroll down pages (either Internet, Facebook, etc.). A friend of mine told me these new iPads have a much improved processor and are super fast when navigating or running multiple programs. Should I just exchange mine or is this normal on new iPads?

-mandoster

The Facebook app can be a bit choppy but safari should be slick

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has a faster Graphics processor, so games etc are less choppy on HD , the screen has a higher resolution than the iPad 2
And twice the ram(memory) not to be confused with on board storage space which is often called memory in error.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It doesn't sound as if there is anything wrong with your new iPad.

It is hard to know what you mean when you say slight lag. The Facebook app is not well coded. However, the current touchscreen technology has about a 100ms delay to it, which means the screen does not react exactly when you move your figure, but instead lags behind a little bit. That is not due to any processor speed it how many pixels are used in the screen. It has to do with response time of the screen to track your figure motion.

The app we used on IPF has that laggy delay when scrolling, where the screen image lags behind your figure as you move it up/down.

Last edited:

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The automatic screen dimmer on my iPad 3 adjusts a lot slower, but most other things are much speedier. I think the slowness issue probably has more to do with the specific software (either system or app) involved. On the whole, my iPad is much speedier than either my originalmor iPad 2.

Most reactions