What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should the front camera be aimed at my face?

FrogVomit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used Skype a couple of times, and I have to hold the iPad at an unnatural angle to get my face centered. Portrait or landscape doesn't matter, both are just plain wrong. I guess the camera is probably pointing straight out from the device, but I'm thinking it should be aimed toward the center a bit.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used a couple of times, and I have to hold the iPad at an unnatural angle to get my face centered. Portrait or landscape doesn't matter, both are just plain wrong. I guess the camera is probably pointing straight out from the device, but I'm thinking it should be aimed toward the center a bit.

In the UK we can only dream about what it would be like to have an iPad2 and have to worry about the angle to hold the iPad at!! :)

Just over a week to go....yes..... I am getting my tent ready, my supplies, ... now, what have I forgotten - oh, yes - credit card!!

Tim
Scotland

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Straight at you

Just like on your MacBook Pro. Infinitely adjustable, with your hands tilting as needed.

That was easy.

vlatte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vlatte.net
iPad 2 Camera Offset Angle

The camera angle is so far off I wrote a post about it, but haven't got any comments so I'm thinking either I got a defective iPad 2 camera or they're all like that and nobody cares.

Last edited by a moderator:

josiah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an iPad 2 with this fault, it was agreed as a fault and replaced by Apple UK.

The new replacement has the same fault. I have been to PC World and their iPad 2 has this fault.

Apply refused to replace the faulty replacement.

If you place the iPad on it's back and a make a vertical (A big box will do by the camera edge you can check to off set angle.

Mine is plus 5 degrees, Minus 5 degrees would be more natural! I am sure it is a fault !!!

josiah

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a fault at all

Thank goodness my hands can adjust plus 180 degrees up to minus 180 degrees down. Not a problem at all.

That was easy.

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if I hold the iPad in portrait at a comfortable angle, the front camera sees the bridge of my nose and above. it seems very badly aimed.

I am still waiting a couple more months before I bother getting my iPad replaced (substantial light bleed). hopefully by that time this will be one of the QA fixes in production lines.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the camera is fine the way it is. I think it if was angled to your face than it would throw off the angle when using it on a dock or the smart cover.

Most reactions