What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I wait for iPad 3?

leena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an iPad and I've been waiting 3 or 4 months for the iPad 2 to come out so I could get one :) Personally, I don't care about the camera and doubt I'll ever use it except maybe to post videos of my cat on youtube (isn't that what everyone else does?!). I have a decent digital camera, not sure why I'd try to use an iPad as a camera.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The cameras are adequate for their purpose.
The switch to the new chip and increased ram is far more important.

With Garage Band and iMovie apple was demonstrating the quality and sophistication of software that the iPad2 can run.
Looking forward to seeing what developers come up with.

As for waiting for future improved models........Bah Humbug!

Kingv84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. Wait for iPad 5, 6, or 7. They will be better than iPad 2, 3 and 4. /s

I think you be waiting forever, just get what is available now and sell the old to get the new later.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

thegreatone3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whatever version gets a retina display is the next one I'll buy. I'm an avid reader (e-books, news, etc.) and this feature is the deal-or-no-deal for me.

JPM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.productforum.info
I am really having a hard time deciding if the dual core CPU on iPad it's enough for the upgrade. Having the same resolution screen means at least for this next year all the soft wear will still work on iPad 1 and if iPad 3 gets the retina display that means the apps for iPad 3 won't work on iPad 1/2 because of the resolution, that makes you think to that iPad 1/2 have more in common that what the iPad 3 will have...

I have to agree with you there, i don't think the 3rd gen' will be so massively different. They will continue to tweak and evolve, this is more profitable.

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I've learned anything from the iPad 2 release it's that tech enthusiasts will always be able to beat the curve on reselling last gen toys. So if you stay current with iPad 3 release rumors theres no reason you won't be able to sell it for a great price right before everyone else finds out about the iPad 3 launch, if your an evil bastard

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JPM said:
I have to agree with you there, i don't think the 3rd gen' will be so massively different. They will continue to tweak and evolve, this is more profitable.

I would be very surprised if they are using the same display technology in another year. Many company's are just now releasing their first android tablets, but considering the speed at which the android army evolves their hardware, I expect apple will need to drastically differentiate themselves in a years time

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I expect the iPad 3 will just be a higher res screen, better cameras and more speed. All nice features, but nothing that would get me to upgrade from an iPad 2 since my uses for a tablet are basic web surfing, skype, e-mail, reading etc.

Kingv84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once iPad 3 comes out, iPad 2 goes on sale and iPad 4 comes out iPad 3 goes on sale. My upgrade strategy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions