What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i use screen protector for ipad?

riteshmore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Can you please suggest me if I should use a screen protector for iPad? Is it useful? Any disadvantages? Can I live without it?

Thanks in advance.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would strongly advice it. It keeps your screen from scratches.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I Should have one, I have a black leather case / stand and a white silicone protectror. I have tried the disposable ones (utter rubbish) another stick on brand that went straight in the bin after several attempts to attach it failed.

I think I'm going to pay a visit to the Apple Store (quite a journey, but interesting) and see what they have. I also want the carbon fibre shell from Mach3 Composites (see the page in sponsors on this forum) but that's a luxury really.

For now, I clean the screen with an anti-static cloth after each use :)

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whether you shouldnuse one or not depends on yourself and how much you value your iPad staing in good shape. I didn't have one on mine for about a week after I purchased mine. I then decided that I want to protect the screen from possible blemishes.

Now I have a protector on it and while it feels a bit different at first, you'll ge used to it pretty quickly.

I bought some cheapo ones off Ebay, but so far so good. No problems with installation.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tsuintx said:
Whether you shouldnuse one or not depends on yourself and how much you value your iPad staing in good shape. I didn't have one on mine for about a week after I purchased mine. I then decided that I want to protect the screen from possible blemishes.

Now I have a protector on it and while it feels a bit different at first, you'll ge used to it pretty quickly.

I bought some cheapo ones off Ebay, but so far so good. No problems with installation.

Does the film effect the screen response in games? I don't play much, but still have a go from time to time :)

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
Does the film effect the screen response in games? I don't play much, but still have a go from time to time :)

Haven't noticed any delay.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sikyo69 said:
i suggest u do as it will potect
your screen from scratches

I do have heavily callused fingers from years of guitar playing, so probably hit the keyboard harder than most. No scratches, but I will get a good one.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest ghost armor, I work near a ghost armor store and always thought it was a waste but for some reason decided to spend $30 and try it.. best thing i could do for the ipad. I have the black tpu case and now I dont have to worry about the screen getting scratched. I personally recommend getting a screen protector, itll be a better investment in the long run.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
King.Khoja said:
I suggest ghost armor, I work near a ghost armor store and always thought it was a waste but for some reason decided to spend $30 and try it.. best thing i could do for the ipad. I have the black tpu case and now I dont have to worry about the screen getting scratched. I personally recommend getting a screen protector, itll be a better investment in the long run.

Thanks for the tip, some stuff is hard to get here in the UK, But I have a secret weapon. A close mate has access to the USAF NAAFI I will ask him if ghost armour is available :)

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one from walmart n hate it lol but It saved the pad,my daughter went by my coffee n some spilled on the screen...nothing went near the pad or real screen,just an example.I hastley put it on,I need a new one or reapply loll

bobbcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I consider the iPad's glass to be pretty resilient against scratches (after noting a couple of family members who have iPhones that they don't use screen protectors on & they have had no problems with scratches; imagine that), & I utilize the smart cover that Apple sells, I don't plan to use a screen protector. As for my iPhone, I do use a protector on it (Casemate).

Most reactions

Latest posts