What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I upgrade to 4.3.1?

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think there's any chance any JB will be release for 4.3 or I can safely upgrade to 4.3.1 and wait JB for that version? I know there's no going back once I move to 4.3.1...

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think there's any chance any JB will be release for 4.3 or I can safely upgrade to 4.3.1 and wait JB for that version? I know there's no going back once I move to 4.3.1...

There is a way to go back, but it requires some googling online and patience.

drbf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to wait to upgrade.............. you never know

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't JB until my warranty is up.

64GB 3G White iPad

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded to 4.3.1 as the next jailbreak is for this firmware.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Bratan

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yvrgal said:
I upgraded to 4.3.1 as the next jailbreak is for this firmware.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks all! I just upgraded :) Yeah it make sense, they won't spend time jailbreaking older OS... For those of you who worry about warranty, I'd say don't I never heard of anyone bricking iPad yet :) you can always restore to latest Apple firmware if things go bad, recovery mode is rock solid...

OP
Bratan

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, is it just my luck? There's a chance that JB will be for 4.3 and not 4.3.1 :mad:
From RedmondPie:
It is important to note here that Apple has already patched iPad 2 jailbreak exploit in iOS 4.3.1 which was found by Comex on iOS 4.3. Since Chronic Dev Team hasn’t announced on whether their new jailbreak will work on iOS 4.3.1 (or the upcoming iOS 4.3.2) or not, therefore to be on the safe side, it will be better to stay on iOS 4.3.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

There is a way to go back, but it requires some googling online and patience.

The only way to downgrade IOS is by using saved SHSH blobs. There is a sticky about them in this section and a link to it in my sig. Give it a read. If you haven't started saving your SHSH blobs, do it now! Without them, your options are limited.

OP
Bratan

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The only way to downgrade IOS is by using saved SHSH blobs. There is a sticky about them in this section and a link to it in my sig. Give it a read. If you haven't started saving your SHSH blobs, do it now! Without them, your options are limited.

I know about shsh blobs but doesn't device needs to be jailbroken before u can create it (Cydia required I assume)?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:

I know about shsh blobs but doesn't device needs to be jailbroken before u can create it (Cydia required I assume)?

NO! Please read the sticky and you will find out all about them. You do not have to have a jailbroken device to start saving your SHSH Blobs. All iPad2 users should start NOW! It's never too early to start :D

OP
Bratan

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NO! Please read the sticky and you will find out all about them. You do not have to have a jailbroken device to start saving your SHSH Blobs. All iPad2 users should start NOW! It's never too early to start :D
Thanks! Now I want to kick myself even harder for not doing this :mad::mad::mad:

Most reactions

Latest posts