What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i upgrade 5.0.1 to5.1 ?

aames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because I already jail break the iPad with green poison . If upgrade any problem?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Because I already jail break the iPad with green poison . If upgrade any problem?

Which iPad do you have, the iPad1 or the iPad2?

Because if you have the iPad1, then you can upgrade to iOS 5.1 and, after a bit of computer work, you can most likely re-jail break it. You'll have a tethered jail break, but that has not caused some members here any trouble.

If you have an iPad2, you cannot upgrade to iOS 5.1 and keep that jailbreak. CANNOT. If you upgrade, you will have to be stock and wait for a jail break to be released (if it ever does). Your jail break will be gone.

Of course, if you're goal is to be stock, then either version of iPad can be easily upgraded to iOS 5.1 - but, again, the jail break will be gone.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since this is a question about jail breaking, I will move it out of the polls section over to the Hacking section, where the jail breakers hang out...

OP
aames

aames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently using IPad 2 so I can't upgrade to version 5.1 and keep the jail break ?so thats mean I forever can't upgrade version?

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aames said:
I currently using IPad 2 so I can't upgrade to version 5.1 and keep the jail break ?so thats mean I forever can't upgrade version?

well. u shouldnt upgrade unless there is a jailbreak out. you are free to upgrade. but no JB. there may not ever be a jailbreak for 5.1 A5 devices.

OP
aames

aames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reahn said:
well. u shouldnt upgrade unless there is a jailbreak out. you are free to upgrade. but no JB. there may not ever be a jailbreak for 5.1 A5 devices.

Can i know is it the 5.1jailbreak release ???

Most reactions

Latest posts