What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I update ipad 2 to 8.01 or no?

QueenPendragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Though the news talked about the rollback, the new update showed up on my Ipad 2. I've had no big problems with ios 8 but should I update or no?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The reported problems only affected the iPhone 6 and 6 plus. Still, I'd wait.

Now, I've not even upgraded my iPads to iOS 8 yet, but was waiting for a minor update and not sure that this is the one - BUT, I'll have to agree w/ TP - this has been discussed on the Mac Forums - also check THIS LINK - as already stated the problem seems to be related to the new iPhones - guess that I'll wait a little longer - ;) Dave

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since Apple has pulled the update, even if you downloaded it it wouldn't be verified by Apple.

auntymaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated 2 iPads 2s and no problems since the launch.
I think you are fortunate, my iPad 2 has got Alzheimer's since updating from 7. Lagging, u responsive touch screen, slow power up with crashes to black.. Ios8 and 82 Reslly suck. Wait until Apple have sorted all the glitches before leaving 7 or you will regret it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I upgraded my iPad 2 last night to iOS 8.0.2 using iTunes on my laptop after a backup - took a while - did a 'hard' reboot - my immediate observation on the home screen was that my bookmarks folder did not have the previous icons (only the names w/ a generic image) - see pic below; no big deal, had already re-bookmarked several. Two of 4 games that I play have minor glitches and likely just need to be updated. Responsiveness & battery life seem about the same - will take several days to really test other functions. But I decided to wait a little longer before upgrading the wife's Mini.

Obviously, having read this forum and also threads on the Mac Forums, experiences seem to have been quite variable w/ users stating no apparent problems and others having major disasters - Apple needs to keep abreast of the complaints and likely will bring out more minor updates and the developer's need to also update their apps - I foresee this taking a while? Dave :)
IMG_9958.PNG

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just updated my iPad 2 to 8.02 and I'll have to say that it seems a lot better than 8.0. My ipad seems more responsive and faster to load webpages with 8.0.2.

Really pleased with it!

Most reactions

Latest posts