What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i sell my old ipad 1 one and get the new one?

Atilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im sitting here with the my ipad one and i'm using it every day instead of my normal laptop and im thinking if there
is any major reasons to get the third generation ipad?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would really depend on your needs and your budget. I can certainly tell you that the improvements from the original iPad to the new one are great. The biggest thing for you coming from the original to the new iPad would be the processor and screen. I'm sure you know all this but you will essentially have twice the processing power and the screen is fantastic.

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd have to say yes without hesitation. I went from an iPad 1 (which was beginning to get slow, apps would return to home screen, etc) to a new iPad (no crashes, much faster). The screen is fantastic, but just using the new iPad is a more pleasurable experience than I was getting out of my iPad 1.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You seem to happy with your current iPad so perhaps you don't need the newest one? The screen res is nice but not a make or break thing IMO. Processing power is also something that not everyone will benefit from the same amount. What are your main uses? The answer to that question will be the key.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can basically do everything with the 1. So unless you want to spoil your self, I do t see why you would upgrade. Saying that the new iPad is way cooler :)

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has replaced your laptop for most functions right?

Then it has earned an upgrade to the new iPad.

Sell your ipad1 or better yet rehome it to someone you care about that will be appreciative and eternally grateful if you can afford to do so.

Either way YOU will be very glad you upgraded!

And if you need to justify the upgrade then consider the apps that on,y run on ipad2 or better. It's not fair you can't install any app available in the app store!

Last edited:

Most reactions